News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

When Non-Believers Outnumber Beleivers

Started by Recusant, February 23, 2016, 10:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Crow you stated "considerable advantage" to have an impact that is simply incorrect. That is what I am pointing out.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Tribalism might make intratribal gene flow easier, in some tribes marrying other people of the same group is encouraged, but if more people reject tribal ideals and defect than people join or are born into the tribe, then it will die out eventually. While I believe there will always be a tribal mentality in humans, societies change and cultures evolve; tribes are included in that dynamic.

Intertribally, I guess in order for gene flow to happen between tribes then they would have to be cooperating or one would have to be dominating the other. It can be way easier to cooperate with other tribes than dominate though, and the second usually involves more loss of life and can mean higher costs generally. A third option might be a self-sufficient tribe, who can cut themselves from the rest of the world and still survive.

Those that cooperate rather than seek to dominate might have an advantage in the long run, even if they are assimlated into other tribes.

But I'm just speculating here. All I know is that the day Beliebers outnumber Non-Beliebers will be the day I call the world a truly strange place.

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey