News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Dr Who, all things Whovian

Started by Griffin, August 04, 2013, 08:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pasta Chick

I'm honestly not crazy about Peter Capaldi. Or the current writers - I can't tell which. Granted I'm not current on the series as I've only been watching on Netflix. He's very dark and callous, which could be an interesting story line. But he comes off as kind of just an asshole.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on January 28, 2016, 05:42:28 PM
Quote from: Crow on January 28, 2016, 02:42:33 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on January 28, 2016, 03:29:28 AM
I recently confessed my fear of dogs. I would also like to confess that I've never watched this show.

That's all.
Please continue.

Oh! Game of Thrones, I haven't watched that either. Or, Downton Abbey.

That's all.

I bet you haven't watched The Wire or The Sopranos either.
No, I haven't watched those either. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Don't feel bad my Dear Mags, I haven't watched any of those shows either, methinks you and I are probably outcasts and miscreants...although I did watch some Dr. Who years ago with Tom Baker as the lead, he was the guy with the really long colorful scarf.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on January 29, 2016, 03:01:22 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on January 28, 2016, 05:42:28 PM
Quote from: Crow on January 28, 2016, 02:42:33 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on January 28, 2016, 03:29:28 AM
I recently confessed my fear of dogs. I would also like to confess that I've never watched this show.
That's all.
Please continue.
Oh! Game of Thrones, I haven't watched that either. Or, Downton Abbey.
That's all.

I bet you haven't watched The Wire or The Sopranos either.
No, I haven't watched those either. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Don't feel bad my Dear Mags, I haven't watched any of those shows either, methinks you and I are probably outcasts and miscreants...although I did watch some Dr. Who years ago with Tom Baker as the lead, he was the guy with the really long colorful scarf.
Meh. I just like all those show's GIFs.  :eyeroll:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Crow

Quote from: Magdalena on January 29, 2016, 06:06:35 AM

But Bruno should definitely watch The Wire
Retired member.

Magdalena

Quote from: Crow on January 29, 2016, 02:29:34 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on January 29, 2016, 06:06:35 AM

But Bruno should definitely watch The Wire

I didn't even watch L.A. Confidential, or Californication. The only series I've watched is Hannibal. He was one sick bastard.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Pasta Chick

Don't watch Californication. Gross sexist drivel. I watched the first season and wanted to punch through a wall. I don't know I kept going that far - I think just because I generally really like one of the actresses.

Magdalena

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

MariaEvri

QuoteI'm honestly not crazy about Peter Capaldi. Or the current writers - I can't tell which. Granted I'm not current on the series as I've only been watching on Netflix. He's very dark and callous, which could be an interesting story line. But he comes off as kind of just an asshole.

personally I prefer him over the 11th doctor. The 111th seemed too childish for me, peter's doctor is more ehm serious in tone? He is also cute when he tries to care

anyway those are personal tastes :)
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Tank

I think all the 2nd generation doctors are eminently watchable.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

MariaEvri

the oods. They're nastily cute :D
www.poseidonsimons.com

philosoraptor

Did anyone catch this year's Christmas special?  I liked it quite a bit more than the last two Christmas episodes, but it's still no Runaway Bride or Voyage of the Damned.
"Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
-Muse

Tank

Oh I saw it and I loved it! It's going to be nice to have a companion about where there is no sexual overtone. An excellent plot foil for The Dr.

MariaEvri

I haven't watched it yet
The *insert illegal site* hasn't uploaded it X(
www.poseidonsimons.com