News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

This is serious. This is real. Mubarak Bala

Started by Tank, April 29, 2020, 07:03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Hey, 20% is 15 more (if you pardon the math) than any serious zombie apocalypse.

Regarding the documentary - very good. It needs to be talked about, and to continue to be talked about.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Old Seer

According to their analysis civilization has failed globally causing global discontent and rioting. Under these conditions any small start to killing can spread to everywhere. This is akin to an apocalyptic situation mentioned in another thread.  Atomic weaponry isn't needed to take away greater numbers of people. Mental fission is just as deadly as atomic fission. What they're saying is--- if this keeps going it will reach a point/time a small incident goes globally. Your post brought this to mind when noticing the intolerance displayed.

Normally civilizations end at a countries borders, today things can easily have global consequences.
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

Tank

Today, 23/1/2023, marks the 1,000th day since the abduction of Mubarak Bala. Little did I know I'd make 1,000 posts on his behalf :(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

It is a shame that people are persecuted for what they believe or do not believe. People are not truly free until we are all free.

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 23, 2023, 01:45:12 PMIt is a shame that people are persecuted for what they believe or do not believe. People are not truly free until we are all free.
Nations are not truly free unless all people in them are. I postulate that no nation is truly free. Some people, however, are, or very nearly so, self-imposed restrictions notwithstanding.

It is absolutely a shame though, that vast numbers of people would cheer the modern-day burning of witches (Which in some cases is, even today, the literal burning of... Far-less literal witches)

One would think that access to education would take care of that, and it certainly helps, but then we have nations like Saudi Arabia and Iran, where that ought not be that big of an issue. Iran has, in fact, "devolved" with the regime change.

It's difficult to be optimistic on mr. Bala's behalf, what with where the events unfold and the time they take to do so, but I do hope that those in the position to offer constructive support continue to do so. What else is there, but defeat?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.