News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Project

Started by Worldview93, October 25, 2011, 07:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Worldview93

Hi everyone!
I have a school project and I was hoping I could get some help. The project is on worldview. 
1.what do you think about the idea of time and space? And how is it related to our life on earth?
2.where do you receive your morals from?
3.what do you think happens after death?
4.how do your beliefs shape your worldview?
5.how does your worldview play out in your everyday life?
Lengthy answers are appreciated! Thanks!

Tank

Quote from: Worldview93 on October 25, 2011, 07:14:30 PM
Hi everyone!
I have a school project and I was hoping I could get some help. The project is on worldview. 
1.what do you think about the idea of time and space? And how is it related to our life on earth?
Lengthy answers are appreciated! Thanks!
Nobody is here to do your homework for you. Give me a bloody good reason not to ban you right now?
What educational establishment do you attend?
What course is this work for?
What is the assignment?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ildiko

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

Either this assignment was given by a sucky teaher or a deeply religious one. OR you have thought up those questions yourself... They reek of bias, which in something like that can and should be avoided, which can be accomplished with ease.

Needless to say, that is not at all how I would approach asking a bunch of people about their worldviews.

Now, for future troll... Err... I mean, for future inquiries, try harder with your wording.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on October 25, 2011, 07:34:51 PM
Either this assignment was given by a sucky teaher or a deeply religious one. OR you have thought up those questions yourself... They reek of bias, which in something like that can be avoided quite easily.

Needless to say, that is not at all how I would approach asking a bunch of people about their worldviews.

Now, for future troll... Err... I mean, for future inquiries, try harder with your wording.
May not be a troll, just a lazy student at a Christian college, I've seen that quite often.

Worldview93

Just 'fess up girl and tell us what is going on please.

OldGit

Everything is fundamentally made of treacle, though our earthly eyes may not sense this.

There's a little shop down the street which does very good ones cheap.

Little fairies come and eat your liver, although once again this can only be known through credulity.

Basically ortho-polygonal but with little bumps on the starboard side.

Yes, indeed.

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on October 25, 2011, 07:38:19 PM
May not be a troll, just a lazy student at a Christian college, I've seen that quite often.
Happens. However, I would say the way our aid was requested was highly trollish.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sandra Craft

I had some co-workers taking courses at the University of Phoenix, and there was an instructor there giving assignments to "interview atheists" about their religious beliefs.  Made me think twice about signing up for their online classes.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 25, 2011, 08:27:22 PM

I had some co-workers taking courses at the University of Phoenix, and there was an instructor there giving assignments to "interview atheists" about their religious beliefs.  Made me think twice about signing up for their online classes.
This is exactly the problem I have seen in the past. In one classic case a Southern Baptist Semanary set an assignment where the students had to sign up to a number of atheist related sites and make a number of posts proving atheism to be wrong! What a joy that was!

Xjeepguy

Quote from: OldGit on October 25, 2011, 07:42:45 PM
Everything is fundamentally made of treacle, though our earthly eyes may not sense this.

There's a little shop down the street which does very good ones cheap.

Little fairies come and eat your liver, although once again this can only be known through credulity.

Basically ortho-polygonal but with little bumps on the starboard side.

Yes, indeed.

You arent going to teach of the screeves? LOL
If I were re-born 1000 times, it would be as an atheist 1000 times. -Heisenberg

OldGit

Dang, I forgot the Holy Screeves of our Lady St. Postula.  >:(

Tank

So far she's been on once for 10 minutes.

OldGit

I take it you refer to Wv93 and not Our Lady St. Postula.  ;D

Ildiko

Quote from: Tank on October 26, 2011, 09:16:11 AM
So far she's been on once for 10 minutes.

She's giving us time to compose our lengthy answers.

A propos of which, I strongly disagree with Old Git on this one:

Quote1.what do you think about the idea of time and space? And how is it related to our life on earth?

I think it is a nice idea, shame it isn't true. And it is our second cousin.