News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Official* HAF Video Game Thread

Started by curiosityandthecat, March 17, 2009, 08:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

:lol:

UPlay is a platform I hardly use, maybe that's why so far it hasn't given me any trouble.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

I think it's just fine. Occasionally any system is going to have a problem for a few lucky users.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Davin

So the Nintendo Switch just went on pre-order and I ordered one. I know I'm biased towards Nintendo, so I tend to buy all their systems, but I'm more excited about this one. Looks like it will be a portable and home system, which works for me since I often have to share the TV. That's one reason why I like the Wii-U, because I can play games on the controller while my GF and I watch TV. This will be even more powerful and Nintendo finally decided to pay for the multi-touch patent which will be better for a lot of things.

It's only $300 and I'm almost completely sure that it will be less powerful than the next gen PS and XBox, but I don't really care about power. I care more about how fun the games are and Nintendo tends to make games I find fun more often than any other company. I like the Wii-U a lot more than my PS4. I play games most on the Wii-U, then PC/Steam Box, then 3DS, and then PS4 (and PS3 is the least played currently, I still have a few PS3 games in my game queue). But I did just get Destiny for the PS4, which is turning out to be pretty fun.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

joeactor

Quote from: Davin on January 13, 2017, 03:33:38 PM
So the Nintendo Switch just went on pre-order and I ordered one. I know I'm biased towards Nintendo, so I tend to buy all their systems, but I'm more excited about this one. Looks like it will be a portable and home system, which works for me since I often have to share the TV. That's one reason why I like the Wii-U, because I can play games on the controller while my GF and I watch TV. This will be even more powerful and Nintendo finally decided to pay for the multi-touch patent which will be better for a lot of things.

It's only $300 and I'm almost completely sure that it will be less powerful than the next gen PS and XBox, but I don't really care about power. I care more about how fun the games are and Nintendo tends to make games I find fun more often than any other company. I like the Wii-U a lot more than my PS4. I play games most on the Wii-U, then PC/Steam Box, then 3DS, and then PS4 (and PS3 is the least played currently, I still have a few PS3 games in my game queue). But I did just get Destiny for the PS4, which is turning out to be pretty fun.

It does look cool - you'll have to let us know what you think once it arrives.

I've got a Wii, 3ds and GameCube, so I guess I'm Nintendo biased too.

xSilverPhinx

I'm not exactly a console person but I did grow up with one of these:

Good times. :grin:

Arturo

Looking at this game called "SCP Containment Breach". It's a free survival horror game based on a wiki. What I've heard is that the wiki is a case archive for paranormal events that were investigated. It seems pretty interesting.

There are numerous other games based on the wiki. So if you are afraid of viruses, there is one on steam you can check out. If you're ok with taking things from internet searches, here is the one I'm downloading:
http://www.scpcbgame.com/#

And here is the wiki the whole thing is based on:
http://www.scp-wiki.net/
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Davin

That looks pretty fun. I like the concept, I read a bunch of those SCP files.

joeactor

Trailer for "Rain World" from Adult Swim Games (voice by me ;-) )

xSilverPhinx

Davin

That looks fun, I'm putting that on my pre-queue list near the top.

Currently, I've been hooked on the new Zelda game, Breath of the Wild. I've read no reviews, watched no videos, and read no online help or FAQs. I've been just playing it the way I want. It's been almost two weeks of several hours a day, and I've only beat three dungeons, but I've explored almost the entire map. There are towers in the game that reveal the map for an area and I've gotten all of those. And there are shrines that are like mini dungeons and I've beaten almost forty of those. There are also little guys that you can find that give you an item you can use to trade in for more weapon slots to be able hold more weapons, and I've only gotten about 15 of those guys. Also, there are a bunch of towns with a few quests to do in each, and also some clothing that helps out in some areas, like you need warm clothes if you're going to wander around in the snow, and cooler clothes if you're wandering around in the desert.

So far, I love it. I feel like I felt when I played the first one on the NES. A little lost, trying to figure things out... it's so much fun for me. It seems difficult for me, more challenging than all the previous Zelda games.

I also watched a GDC video of a presentation that three of the developers gave about the game (mostly spoiler free), that was very interesting. I wish those guys or some other guys like them will take on the next Metroid.

For the system itself, I've heard some stories, but I haven't had any problems at all with it. I think it's great, it's almost a portable system, not as powerful as one might want, but the versatility of it is something I like more than a more powerful system. Hopefully it will lead to Nintendo having one system for both portable and home.

There are not many games for it yet, but since Zelda is taking so long and so much of my free time, that I don't care yet.

Arturo

Idk if anyone has said this yet but there is a game coming out that is set in Detroit. It's called "Detroit: Become Human" Not a lot of information on it that I've found but the story seems to follow 4 different playabke characters. Their are humanoid robots who seem to be the group representing the struggle of black people. Which I thought was a good touch because Detroit is crawling with black history and culture.

I'm also excited for the land marks because I've helped paint the dugouts in the baseball park for the Tigers. I've also been to the Fox Theatre a few times and it's fucking amazing inside. I love Detroit and hope I get to play the game on pc one day.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

So I decided to play what I hoped would be a relaxing game of Audiosurf (Mono- easy mode) and failed hard.

I have to consciously unclench my jaw.  :cracked:

Arturo

Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice

The main character has psychosis. You wander around a world in norse mythology fighting badguys and solving puzzles. The psychosis aspect requires good headphones to get the surround sound (binaural) effect. The video is of a person commentating on the game so you really don't get the same effect as if you played the game yourself but it's still worth a look.

Arturo The1  リ壱

joeactor

Anybody try playing "Cuphead" yet?

It's made to look like a 1930's cartoon (very zany/disturbing)

More info here:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/268910/Cuphead/

Davin

It looks fun, but it's deeper in my game queue. I put the latest Metroid (Metroid: Samus Returns for the 3DS), on top of my queue and it is a fucking awesome game.