News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

President Zuckerberg?

Started by Dave, September 22, 2017, 08:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

No one

Well Tank, last night's Mexican that I just flushed, would be better than the current Imbecile in Chief.

Dave

Quote from: Tank on September 22, 2017, 04:22:10 PM
Better or worse than Trump?

I hate to think of what "worse than Trump" might mean for this world!  :shocked:

Imperial ambitions

Not entirely relevant but I could not resist the picture!   :grin:

Tank

I don't think that's irrelevant at all.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Dave

Quote from: Tank on September 22, 2017, 06:47:00 PM
I don't think that's irrelevant at all.

I suppose the article indicated Zuckerberg's strong ambitions. One might guess that the Internet would be "safe in his hands" - well, from his point of view anyway, how he would handle its more problematic aspects as POTUS would be interesting to see. How he would interact with the likes of Musk and the founders or leading lights of Google would also be interesting - lots of conflicting interests there.

Time was when the American presidents were drawn mainly from legal or military types, will the business community provide the next ones? Though both high level businessmen and military generals control large numbers of people in a complex organisations - with large subordinate managerial staffs - the ethos and command structures are somewhat different.

Trump, Zuckerberg, Musk etc are out of a similar mould to Howard Hughes (and Branson, Sugar etc in a way), strong individuals very much at the helm and relying on their personality to keep control. Not team workers really, nor even truly team leaders. Hence Trump going off at tangents to the White House "official" policy so often.

Arturo

I don't see the internet being safe in the hands of Zuckerberg. He might just put it all under his control. And with the CIA, FBI, ect, he could do just that.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

It would continue to be a sad state of affairs when "the leader of the free world" is the creator of Facebook.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

SisterAgatha

I hear is sort of a grump, so Im not sure people would want to vote for him :(.

Trump is a bully and a pig, but he has a lot of time in the acting and showbiz industry, so he really knows what gets peoples goat.

If the democrats are smart..tehy might run a woman such as Amy Klobuchar!!!  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Klobuchar

Tank

Quote from: SisterAgatha on September 23, 2017, 09:58:17 PM

Trump is a bully and a pig, but he has a lot of time in the acting and showbiz industry, so he really knows what gets peoples goat.

If the democrats are smart..tehy might run a woman such as Amy Klobuchar!!!  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Klobuchar

Ok. Which one of you fuckers got bored and started a sock puppet?

jumbojak

Wassunt me.

As for Zuckerberg, we could do better. We have done worse at least twice. And I could picture him in statuary like the image above.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on September 23, 2017, 10:23:57 PM

:snicker:
Not me.

...Maybe Siz:eyebrow:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Recusant

Quote from: Tank on September 23, 2017, 10:23:57 PM

I don't think she's a sock puppet.  ;D
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken