News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Deeper into the Trump Abyss.

Started by Dave, January 30, 2017, 07:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: Davin on August 17, 2017, 03:31:27 PM
If the religious people standing behind him weren't scary enough, Trump is also trying to get personal information of protest groups.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/08/15/dreamhost-is-fighting-doj-request-for-1-3m-ip-addresses-of-visitors-to-anti-trump-protest-site/

Yeah, I posted on this a couple of days ago. Trumpo trying to be a real Big Brother?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Davin

That is a step in how a democratic republic becomes a dictatorship. Unfortunately, we've already made several other steps. We still have a lot more to go though.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Yes, there are already complaints thst it is anti-constitutional
QuoteA Sweeping Search Warrant Targets Anti-Trump Website in Clear Threat to the Constitution
from the ACLU

There was also the emoluments clause case a couple of months sgo
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/12/emoluments-clause-trump-accused-of-violating-constitution.html

My mind keeps telling me there was at least one other case were Trump trued to get round the constitution, or maybe bad mouthed it.

But, he acted like a dictator in his own businesses, so why not now?

Arturo

So Trump ordered the search? So that means he broke the law then right? THAT MEANS HE CAN BE IMPEACHED!
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Icarus

HAFers will be in deep doo-doo if the Trump steered DOJ happened to read our politics section. It would appear to a stranger that we do not care much for The Donald.  ;D

Arturo

Quote from: Icarus on August 18, 2017, 12:57:49 AM
HAFers will be in deep doo-doo if the Trump steered DOJ happened to read our politics section. It would appear to a stranger that we do not care much for The Donald.  ;D

In that case...

...a new profile picture to make him mad!  ;D
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on August 18, 2017, 12:57:49 AM

I think he is taking lessons from Erdoğan! Second thoughts, nah, Trump is quite capable of generating his own narcissistic monomania.

Dave

And, Bang goes Bannon! Sacked!

Quote"White House chief of staff John Kelly and Steve Bannon have mutually agreed today would be Steve's last day," White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a statement. "We are grateful for his service and wish him the best."

http://uk.businessinsider.com/steve-bannon-out-white-house-trump-2017-8?r=US&IR=T

joeactor

Dave

One of Bannon's buddies said something thst made me think. He implied thst all Trump's original gang have been/are being ousted.

There is something of a new broom on the Trump Shite House floor - is this being imposed on el Trumpo? Get shot of his base so he has to do as someone tells him?

Be interesting to see Breitbart's angle on things, will they maintain their support for the Trump?

The sceptical cynic in me wonders if Charlotteville is just an excuse. After the first people left did it become a bit of a band-wagon for others?

joeactor

Quote from: Gloucester on August 18, 2017, 10:05:22 PM
One of Bannon's buddies said something thst made me think. He implied thst all Trump's original gang have been/are being ousted.

There is something of a new broom on the Trump Shite House floor - is this being imposed on el Trumpo? Get shot of his base so he has to do as someone tells him?

Be interesting to see Breitbart's angle on things, will they maintain their support for the Trump?

The sceptical cynic in me wonders if Charlotteville is just an excuse. After the first people left did it become a bit of a band-wagon for others?

Trump is sending his minions out into the world to work covertly for him. That's my conspiracy theory ;-)

Dave

News on the Trump-o-line:

QuoteSteve Bannon to target Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner as he pledges to 'go nuclear' on 'West Wing Democrats'
QuoteHe and first lady Melania Trump decided not to participate in the annual Kennedy Center Honours event celebrating American culture after a backlash from those being honoured. The White House said the first couple were pulling out to "allow the honourees to celebrate without any political distraction".
QuoteMeanwhile, a host of charities canceled annual fundraising events at Mr Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida. They included the American Red Cross, Salvation Army, and the American  Cancer Society.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/19/steve-bannon-go-nuclear-west-wing-democrats-may-start-tv-network/

QuoteWhat Trump's Increasing Isolation Could Mean For His Presidency
QuoteThere is a telling photo that has gotten some attention in social media after Steve Bannon's exit as President Trump's chief strategist. (You can see it above.)

It shows President Trump behind the desk in the Oval Office, surrounded by his top advisers: Seated are Vice President Pence and national security adviser Mike Flynn; standing, from left to right, are chief of staff Reince Priebus, chief strategist Steve Bannon and press secretary Sean Spicer.

That was Jan. 28, eight days after Trump was inaugurated.

Today, only Pence remains.
QuoteA president needs a staff of professionals to help shape messaging, so he can lead on policy and running the government. But what if the president winds up not being the traditional driver of policy? What if his influence winds up being limited to Twitter?
http://www.npr.org/2017/08/19/544580016/what-trumps-increasing-isolation-could-mean-for-his-presidency

Non Quixote

Quote from: Arturo on August 17, 2017, 10:39:41 PM
So Trump ordered the search? So that means he broke the law then right? THAT MEANS HE CAN BE IMPEACHED!
Be careful what you wish for.

Remember that no matter how foul a cockroach Trump is, waiting right behind him is Michael Pence.  While Trump is a reprehensible human being and, well... a cockroach, he is also a gawdawful politician with members of his own party lining up against him.  Pence, being a career politician would have a far better grasp of how to get things done, without breaking any rules or laws.  And Pence's agenda is exponentially more draconian and nefarious. 

Trump is an ignorant nasty little buffoon.  In my opinion Pence is the far greater evil.
Ya give 'em books and they just chew on the covers...
"Faith is something you believe that nobody in his right mind would believe."    ~ Archie Bunker

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Gorka is out of el Trumpo's Shite House team, possibly a big boost to anti-terrorsm! But did he "resign"?
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/25/politics/gorka/index.html

And it seems trannies are out of the armed oirces again.
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/25/politics/trump-transgender-military/index.html