News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Together we share ours dreams

Started by viocjit, November 01, 2016, 11:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viocjit

I created this topic because I'd like to share with you some of my dreams and vice versa.

Five dreams that I'd like to realise (Importance order) :
1.I want to become rich. I'd like to own some millions of Euros or more.
I prefer to own billions of Euros but some millions is sufficient for someone like me because I don't want to buy expensive things such a manor , expensive clothes , yacht etc...
If I can win some billions it would be better than win some millions because more money = more business opportunities.

2.Create my own business.
Why not found a business if I can do it ?
If I can do it I'll maybe have the opportunity to create a trading empire to bring me money.

3.Being fluent in many languages.
If I can become fluent in many languages it would be possible to speak to people in theirs native language. Speak to anyone in his native language = Better social interactions.

4.Learn more science. More science = more knowledge and better understanding of things.

5.Obtain my driving license to drive cars. It's the easier of my five goals to reach even if it is not easy. I think I must to accomplish this one first.

xSilverPhinx

In no particular order:

- make enough money to live well and travel a lot. I don't dream of millions because I imagine the very wealthy are also the loniest people.
- finish uni and then finally go onto grad school.
- get a decent job in the future (the prospect of this happening is growing worse and worse where I am as the days go by)
- vanquish my enemies. Did I say that out loud? :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

1) World peace
2) A.J. Cook as my personal "assistant"
3) A lobster tank that is always full, no matter how many I remove

Ecurb Noselrub

Tom62

1) remain healthy
2) win a lottery (10 million Euro will do)
3) work only part-time
4) start a company with my wife
5) travel
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Arturo

1) make people laugh
2) have enough money to live comfortably
3) be of the mind of some famous atheists, I really envy their logic and skepticism that happens to be so sound
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

MariaEvri

1. rich. obviously
2. I wanna travel. to the north specially
3. I wanna be a guitar playing genious!
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Dragonia

I think it's weird that I have a hard time making a little list... is it that I have no hopes and dreams? Or is it that I feel like my dreams are too small? I don't know. But here are the things I dream of:
*I hope to raise my children into wonderful, responsible, thoughtful, loving, understanding, courageous, adventurous adults.
*I hope to have time and money to travel more and see different people and cultures, taste different foods,  smell different air, marvel at new wonders, both monumental and tiny.
*I hope to become completely debt free one day.
*I hope to stay healthy and maybe even get more fit as I get older.
*I hope one day to find a friend with whom I "click". Who gets me, and doesn't take herself too seriously. Someone that I can be stupid with and drink wine with and swear like a sailor with. Who doesn't feel the need to save me or "keep up appearances" to other people.
Is this too much to dream? I theeeeenk not!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Asmodean

Hmm... My dreams, eh..?

I'm not much of a dreamer, but on my shortlist of near-dream wishes are the following:

- For a specific person I know to succeed at a certain thing.
- To not die miserable.
- Burning certain "environmentalists" to death with diesel. (More of a jack-off-fantasy than a dream and... It's probably more disturbing than it sounds)
- Making a major contribution to science.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

viocjit

I liked to read yours contributions.

viocjit

I updated the list.

Seven dreams that I'd like to realise (Importance order) :
1.I want to become rich. I'd like to own some millions of Euros or more.
I prefer to own billions of Euros but some millions is sufficient for someone like me because I don't want to buy expensive things such a manor , expensive clothes , yacht etc...
If I can win some billions it would be better than win some millions because more money = more business opportunities.
Why not to become the first trillionaire (officially , because there are maybe an unknown trillionaire even if he does probably not exist) with a net worth of one trillion (1 000 000 000 000) or more in US dollar , Euro or Pound Sterling.
That means I would have approximately 50% of the GDP of my country (France) if I had these today.

2.Obtain my DNB (diplôme national du brevet / diploma of national certificate) as a candidat libre (Litt : Free candidate , Understandable English : external candidate or independent candidate)

The list below contain diplomas equivalent or similar to DNB in the main English speaking countries.
Australia : Record of School Achievement (RoSA) or Higher School Certificate (HSC) in New South Wales
Canada : Not found
Republic of Ireland : Junior Certificate (Irish : Teastas Sóisearach)
New Zealand : NCEA (National Certificate of Educational Achievement) level 1
UK : GCSE under C grade (general certificate of secondary education)
USA : Not found

Usually , we pass this diploma at the end of 3ème.
It is the equivalent of Year 10 or Ninth grade. (Accorded to countries)

3.Get a baccalauréat général (general baccalaureate) as a candidat libre (Litt : Free candidate , Understandable English : external candidate or independent candidate) .

The list below contain diplomas equivalent or similar to baccalauréat général in the main English speaking countries.
Australia : High School Certificate (HSC)
Canada : Canadian Diploma Certificate of Education (CDCE) more known under the name of High School Diploma.
Canada (British Columbia) : British Columbia Certificate of Graduation
Canada (Ontario) : Ontario Secondary School Diploma
Canada (Quebec) : HS Diploma/Diplôme D.E.S.
Republic of Ireland : Leaving Certificate Examinations (Irish : Scrúduithe na hArdteistiméireachta)
New Zealand : National Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA)
UK : A-Level
USA : High School Diploma
USA (New York State) : Regents Diploma

4.Create my own business.
Why not found a business if I can do it ?
If I can do it I'll maybe have the opportunity to create a trading empire to bring me money.

5.Being fluent in many languages.
If I can become fluent in many languages it would be possible to speak to people in theirs native language. Speak to anyone in his native language = Better social interactions.

6.Learn more science. More science = more knowledge and better understanding of things.

7.Obtain my driving license to drive cars.

I'd like to get these things in my life :
1.I'd like to go more often to the restaurants and why not to the best of these (I'm 23 years old and I did never eaten expensive things like frog legs or truffle).
2.Travel more often in foreign country (I'm telling the only travel in a foreign country done alone in this topic : http://www.happyatheistforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=12334.30
3.Some parts of my body shaved by professionals (I use disposable razor and I can't cut my whole pilosity because I'm lacking precision.
I tried a traditional razor and an electrical razor and I still get the same result)
4.TOP SECRET (This part was added for humoristic purpose)

Acquired things I don't want to lose :
1.My place of living except if I can live in a similar place if I move somewhere
2.My money
3.Clothes (I don't want to buy news clothes because of a sinister even if I have few clothes compared to the average French because I'm not a mode fan)
4.My documents (paychecks , diplomas , others documents etc...)
5.Tap waters will all things necessary (bathtub or shower , WC etc...)
6.Electricity
7.Phone
8.Computer
9.Battery charger with accumulators
10.TV
11.Fridge
12.Freezer
13.Washing machine
14.Micro-Wave
15.Electric oven except if I can get one using gas
16.Cooktop
17.Cell phone that is not a smartphone
18.Bed
19.Tools to eat (dishes , knives , forks etc...)
20.My furniture to store my goods
21.My video games
22.My books
23.My joysticks to play to video games
24.Tools for privacy tasks (towels , razors , soap etc...)
25.Clock
26.Pens
27.Paper shredder
28.Toolbox
29.The only DVD that I own (I don't watch many films. I watch mainly documentaries)

Biggus Dickus

[1]  I would banish all kats, and nuns, except the cute and sexy nuns to some far-off galaxy. (Since there are no cute, nor sexy nuns that would mean all of them).

[2]  I would travel back in time to meet and marry Ellen Barkin when she was starring in the movie "Buckaroo Banzai" as Pretty Penny.

[3]  Aforementioned action would cause major riff in the space-time continuum which would result in the Trump not being elected President, the halting of global warming, the realization of world peace, and the end of famine, decease, and hunger.  Also the band Abba would never have been formed.

[4]  Ellen and I would live comfortably on an island along the coast of Belize and the barrier reef located there. The island being private would not allow flip-flops.

[5]  Now my serious dream...I would like to recreate my own version of the scene at the end of the movie "Artificial Intelligence". It's where the "Mecha" have revised David and Teddy from their long slumber under the ice, and how at the request of David they are able to recreate Monica, David's "Mom" as a replicant clone from DNA belonging to a lock of her hair that David has kept with him these thousands of years.
However, The "Mecha" warn David that the clone can only live for a day, and that the process can never, ever be repeated. David spends an entire beautiful day with Monica, and just before she drifts off to sleep, Monica tells David she has always loved him. Teddy climbs onto the bed and watches the two lie peacefully together. (I love this movie, and the ending is quite beautiful)

My dream would be to have my father recreated, even if for only one day so that he could meet and spend the day with my son and daughter, his two grandchildren along with my wife and me. Just one day, doing nothing special, just hanging out, talking and laughing.
My father didn't see me get married, nor meet his grandchildren....and if I could just see them all together one time, to see the smile on their faces, and just see that twinkle in his eyes as he looks toward me and nods his approval, because they are wonderful and beautiful children. My wife and I have been married over 25 years, and I know how much he would have loved her, and how proud he would be of his grandkids, and of his daughter in-law, and of me.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

joeactor

This is a great thread... thanks for starting it, viocjit ;-)

It's really fun to read all of your goals, wishes and dreams.

Seems like a lot of them are even achievable... Best of luck to you all!

I'm in the same general boat on many: wealth, health, love, interesting pursuits.

... maybe a bit of fame, too?

When I used to do table gaming, my favorite wish was "I wish that whenever I have to pay for anything, I can reach in my pocket and have just the right amount".

"Enough" is a good goal for me. (or is that settling for too little?)

One thing I definitely don't want: Power. Seems like an empty prize.

Dragonia

Quote from: Father Bruno on May 11, 2017, 06:29:47 PM
......Also the band Abba would never have been formed.

[5]  Now my serious dream...

My dream would be to have my father recreated, even if for only one day so that he could meet and spend the day with my son and daughter, his two grandchildren along with my wife and me. Just one day, doing nothing special, just hanging out, talking and laughing.
My father didn't see me get married, nor meet his grandchildren....and if I could just see them all together one time, to see the smile on their faces, and just see that twinkle in his eyes as he looks toward me and nods his approval, because they are wonderful and beautiful children. My wife and I have been married over 25 years, and I know how much he would have loved her, and how proud he would be of his grandkids, and of his daughter in-law, and of me.

OK, first, the dream about your father makes me really sad. I feel a little bit like this about my mom, who is still alive, but has Alzheimers so bad that she doesn't even know she ever had kids. I don't think she was ever that proud of me, but I think she would be now, and I think she would really enjoy my kids.  But not to hijack your thoughts, that was very touching to my heart.

Now, the niceties must end. HOW, I ask you, HOW could someone not like ABBA? The harmony!, the feeling!, the piano glissandos!  It is riveting and  harmonious and makes me want to sing and dance, twirl, leap and frolic. I AM the original Dancing Queen.
And ABBA is even better when Erasure remakes them (abba-esque)
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Arturo

I remember when that movie came out my Dad called my Mom cuz I started crying in the middle of the movie. I never lived with my Mom, but I knew she was around. After time she became more and more mentally ill and moved farther and farther away. Now she lives in Texas while I live in Michigan and the fuck face who lives with her is just using her for her SS money.

So if I had a wish, I would wish that my Mom and my Dad worked out and she never became ill so I could grow up with both my parents.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱