News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Walking Dead II

Started by Sandra Craft, February 24, 2016, 03:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Questions:

Is it too early in the WD timeline to wonder how they all still seem to have an unlimited supply of gasoline and bullets?  I'd have thought those would be among the first things to run out.

Also, Morgan's disemboweling move -- would that really kill so quickly?

And am I the only one who thinks that the final edition of Carl's visions of the future show that, while he was undoubtedly innately noble and decent, he was completely delusional?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dragonia

^^^I agree with all three points.
The gasoline that they use, I can kind of buy. There would be a ton of cars with tanks full of gasoline.  I think that resource could last for a long time.
The number of bullets they blow through is ridiculous. Totally not buying that one.

With Morgan ripping that guy's guts out, it's a nice dramatic scene, but I wondered the same thing. I would think that might be a slow horrifying death, probably trying to shove my guts back in and keep living. I don't know.

I think Carl was just really hopeful, as well as possibly delusional.  What I have a hard time with is.... how does Carl propose to put weapons down and have love and peace, with NEGAN prowling around with his delusions of grandeur and cruelty?  That was frustrating.

And finally, I just have to say that when Carl died, those last agonizing moments with his dad and Michonne, and then the quickly following montage of his last 8 years on the show, my whole family was a mess.  I saw my husband wipe a tear away. My son had to get up and go to bed, with tears in his eyes, and I was.... not even gonna talk about me. I did laugh at myself in the middle of crying, saying, this is so stupid! It's a tv show! Get it together!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Sandra Craft

You know you're involved when a TV show becomes a documentary to you.
Sandy

Ecurb Noselrub

The garbage hamburger scene almost made me want to go vegetarian.

Dragonia

Yeah, that was pretty nasty. Did you watch Talking Dead afterwards, when they showed a replay of that scene, then put on the screen, "Chili, anyone?" HA!  :puke:

I thought for a half-second that Negan and Rick were going to have a moment of walkie-talkie solidarity.....until Rick started up and Negan started being himself.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Sandra Craft

Well, they did not kill Rick but they did kill Jesus.  Poor Aaron, that's two lovers and one arm he's lost so far.

Yes, I'm still watching.  I am a creature of habit.
Sandy

Tank

Quote from: Sandra Craft on November 27, 2018, 02:49:10 AM
Well, they did not kill Rick but they did kill Jesus.  Poor Aaron, that's two lovers and one arm he's lost so far.

Yes, I'm still watching.  I am a creature of habit.

I thought this was one of the better series with an interesting cliff hanger(s) with Negan escaping. I don't get the two teenage lads who would rather torment a zombie with a young lady around! And I do like Carol's hair.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on November 27, 2018, 10:41:34 AM
I thought this was one of the better series with an interesting cliff hanger(s) with Negan escaping. I don't get the two teenage lads who would rather torment a zombie with a young lady around! And I do like Carol's hair.

Father Gabriel seems to have a habit of leaving gates and doors open that should be shut.

With the teens, I think they're trying to make the point that teenage stupidity over-rules everything.

I liked Carol's hair better when it was short, which seems to me more convenient in an apocalypse.  I don't know why Darryl keeps his long, unless it's a fashion statement.
Sandy

Tank

I love the way Daryl calls his dog 'Dog'  8)
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Quote from: Sandra Craft on November 28, 2018, 01:36:45 AM
Quote from: Tank on November 27, 2018, 10:41:34 AM

Father Gabriel seems to have a habit of leaving gates and doors open that should be shut.

With the teens, I think they're trying to make the point that teenage stupidity over-rules everything.

I liked Carol's hair better when it was short, which seems to me more convenient in an apocalypse.  I don't know why Darryl keeps his long, unless it's a fashion statement.

But The King probably likes something to hold on to during their rampant love making  :o

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on November 28, 2018, 08:03:25 AM
I love the way Daryl calls his dog 'Dog'  8)

Yeah.  It's very "him".  And about time we had a replacement for the tiger.
Sandy

Sandra Craft

On The Talking Dead's preview of next week's show -- did I just see Daryl shoot Henry in the head with an arrow?
Sandy