News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Velma

Year ago, I was traveling out of state and got a speeding ticket. The cop had to "cut" me out of a group of cars traveling together at the same speed. He then tried to tell me that I was going 95 miles an hour - in an eight year old Kia Rio. He at least had the decency to blush when I pointed out that fact to him. I got a ticket for going 75 MPH in a 60 MPH zone. The only difference between me and the other cars in the group was my out-of-state license plate.

Even further back in time, my brother's then girlfriend got a ticket railroad crossing. We had been stopped for a few minutes. Her foot slipped off the clutch and the car rolled forward a bit. The cop behind up turned on his lights and jumped out of the car. He was originally going to write her a ticket for not stopping at a railroad crossing - until the three other people in the car pointed out the large, loud, fast-moving training flying past us on the other side of the crossing barrier. He gave her a ticket for not having her seat belt on - the same seat belt he watched her remove so she could grab her purse from the floorboard behind her.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Davin

In Phoenix, AZ, they tried doing photo enforcement. Sadly, they had to stop because people weren't paying the fines because they could get out of paying fines if they just "didn't receive the ticket." There was also a law suit that a lawyer cheating on his wife one because his wife saw the photo of the her husband speeding with someone who wasn't her in the passenger seat.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dragonia

Feeling really ..... just frustrated I guess, with some people back home. There was a terrible car accident, and in one vehicle, there were 3 kids from all different families. One died, one ended up in the hospital, and nothing is said about the 3rd child.
So a lot of "thoughts and prayers" (when will people get tired of this phrase?) have gone out to the family of the deceased kid. But everyone is having a Glory, Hallelujah time over the child who just came home from the hospital after a week of care. But because he's coming home with no surgeries or casts or anything, everyone is just praising Jesus for his mighty healing hand and his tender mercies that are new each day... it makes me want to throw up. What about that child who was killed???? Where were the Tender Mercies when he was gasping his last breath? Where was the Mighty Healing Hand? Oh, THAT'S right, God has a reason and a plan for everything. So we will just praise Jesus through the storm!
I just feel like if I was his family, I would be losing my mind, reading all the shit posted about how great God is.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Dave

Quote from: Dragonia on October 11, 2017, 01:05:27 PM
Feeling really ..... just frustrated I guess, with some people back home. There was a terrible car accident, and in one vehicle, there were 3 kids from all different families. One died, one ended up in the hospital, and nothing is said about the 3rd child.
So a lot of "thoughts and prayers" (when will people get tired of this phrase?) have gone out to the family of the deceased kid. But everyone is having a Glory, Hallelujah time over the child who just came home from the hospital after a week of care. But because he's coming home with no surgeries or casts or anything, everyone is just praising Jesus for his mighty healing hand and his tender mercies that are new each day... it makes me want to throw up. What about that child who was killed???? Where were the Tender Mercies when he was gasping his last breath? Where was the Mighty Healing Hand? Oh, THAT'S right, God has a reason and a plan for everything. So we will just praise Jesus through the storm!
I just feel like if I was his family, I would be losing my mind, reading all the shit posted about how great God is.

With you there, Dragonia.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Bad Penny II

ye
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

No one

god, helping pro athletes in the big game, while turning a blind eye to breast cancer. PRAISE BE to jesus!

xSilverPhinx

I just don't get it...nor will I try to get it. It's all craziness to me.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Velma

Why can no one in my family remember that I work nights and can only access my phone during breaks, despite the fact that I have told them this numerous times?!  >:(  I've only worked nights for 25+ years. Why should any of them remember?

At lunch time, I turned on my phone and notifications started pouring in. Apparently, my aunt (who is dealing with my father's estate), was trying to get me to send her my address and phone number yet again so she can send me more papers to sign. Four family members had gotten in on the act. Some of them were downright rude. If I'm not answering texts from one person, what did they think having more people text me was going to do? I spent half of my lunch break telling everyone yet again that I was at work and can only get to my phone during breaks. (If you need to reach me at work, you have to call Security. Security will then track me down and give me the message. There is a reason that only my husband has been given that number.)

Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Harmonie

^Worked nights for 25+ years?!  :o I already felt dead inside after 4 years and was all too happy to quit.

Anyway, yeah, that can be annoying. I don't have that problem, thankfully. But I do have this issue with scammers having my cell number and calling me all of the time. >.>

Anyway, what's made me grumpy today? I get ready to go do my laundry and the whole entire laundry room is marked as out of order for some reason. I have no idea how the whole entire laundry room is out of order. I'm pretty sure I saw people using it not too long ago in the week. >.>

Thankfully I have enough public casual wear to wear for the next week, but pretty much nothing else. *sigh* And my towels, they're going to get really gross now.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Buddy

One of my snakes, spatzel, passed away today. Vet thinks it was some kind of neurological problem. This whole month has been a total shit show and I'm ready for it to be over
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Recusant

Sorry to hear that, Buddy. It's one of the few negative aspects of sharing our lives with animals of other species--practically none of them live as long as we do.  :'(
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on October 22, 2017, 03:14:09 AM
One of my snakes, spatzel, passed away today. Vet thinks it was some kind of neurological problem. This whole month has been a total shit show and I'm ready for it to be over
That's a shame.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Guardian85

Quote from: Buddy on October 22, 2017, 03:14:09 AM
Bummer.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74