News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Hello from Tampa

Started by childprime, September 04, 2007, 09:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

childprime

Hello All,

I liked the title of this forum "happyatheists" ... it is not how people usually think of us. I am a pediatrician in the Tampa Bay area and a UU. I am sometimes an atheist, agnostic, theist, or pantheist depending on the mood I am in (it is all just semantics to me). I hope to find a nice positive forum to communicate with fellow non-believers.

childprime
Children are the prime natural resource of the future.
childprime
Children are the prime natural resource of the future.

Will

Hello and welcome.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

MommaSquid

Welcome to the forum, childprime.  Or do you prefer Doctor childprime?

As a UU, I'm sure you will bring a unique perspective to our little forum.

Enjoy!   :)

McQ

Thanks for sharing your information, and welcome to the forum!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Whitney

Welcome to the forum

rlrose328

Welcome, Tim!  So far, I've found this forum to be very positive and accepting (yeah!), so i'm sure you'll like it here.  :-)
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

SteveS

Hi and welcome!

tigerlily46514

Welcome!  To me, there IS a difference beyond semantics, but we are always glad to welcome new people!!!  Glad you found us!!

I can understand your field, religion gets brought up quite often in the medical field, (maybe less so with children's health, though?)  so you are gonna need a place of reason to turn to for all the times you hear about prayer, and god's will, etc etc etc.  It gets really old for me, anyway!!!

Looking forward to hearing from you again!!!
"religious groups should stay out of politics-OR BE TAXED."

~jean
"Once you explain why you dismiss all other possible gods-- i'll explain why i dismiss your god."