News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

HAF Book Club: June book poll

Started by Sandra Craft, May 20, 2017, 09:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

I'm getting out of the office early this afternoon, so I think I'll head over to the bookstore and pick my copy up now, maybe sit outside with a Cappuccino and start reading?

Excited to read this...hope it doesn't disappoint ::)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Father Bruno on June 02, 2017, 07:35:55 PM
I'm getting out of the office early this afternoon, so I think I'll head over to the bookstore and pick my copy up now, maybe sit outside with a Cappuccino and start reading?

Make mine tea and I'm there.

Just bear this in mind, no matter what it couldn't possibly lead balloon worse than The Great Gatsby.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tom62

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 02, 2017, 08:20:22 PM

Just bear this in mind, no matter what it couldn't possibly lead balloon worse than The Great Gatsby.

Don't worry, it is much better than I ever thought it would be. It is hilariously funny.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 02, 2017, 08:20:22 PM

I got you a Matcha Latte, Books, and waited,  but you never showed so I drank it. :o

I'm enjoying the heck out if so far, already on page 59.

Sandra Craft

^^^ Aww, and it was a cute designer latte too!
Sandy

Biggus Dickus

I finished the book earlier tonight...as they say I couldn't put it down. I got a good start with it on Friday as I noted earlier in the thread, then read what I could on Saturday,  but as I was busy with other things I didn't have much time. So read most of it on Sunday,  a bit more last night and the rest this evening.

I'm tired now, and have to get up early so I'll save my complete review for later, for now just let me say I really enjoyed the book a lot, in fact I didn't expect it to be that good or rather I was surprised by the hold it put on me.

I laughed, I cried,...often I closed the book after finishing a chapter and lost myself in my own thoughts,  memories and emotions.

Excellent recommendation.

I'm so happy we started the book club back up, otherwise I may never have read it.

Sandra Craft

Oh, and I was just thinking I needed to start the discussion thread right away!   I was going to wait until I finished two other books I was half thru before I started Ove, but I decided to read just a few pages, to see what it was like.  Before I knew it, I was on chp. 11.
Sandy