News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Just like humans then . . .

Started by Dave, April 30, 2018, 07:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

QuoteHow scientists taught monkeys the concept of money. Not long after, the first prostitute monkey appeared.
You may have thought things like currency or money are concepts known solely by man – something which differentiates humans from animals. Some might have a sense of ownership, besides of course territory, but trading and the likes haven't been observed in any other species besides homo sapiens. However, in 2005, an economist/psychologist duo from Yale managed to teach seven capuchin monkeys how to use money, and I'm pretty sure from here on some of you might be able to guess what happened from there on.

https://www.zmescience.com/research/how-scientists-tught-monkeys-the-concept-of-money-not-long-after-the-first-prostitute-monkey-appeared/
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

Wow they done fucked up the animal kingdom lol
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on April 30, 2018, 07:04:07 PM
QuoteHow scientists taught monkeys the concept of money. Not long after, the first prostitute monkey appeared.
You may have thought things like currency or money are concepts known solely by man – something which differentiates humans from animals. Some might have a sense of ownership, besides of course territory, but trading and the likes haven't been observed in any other species besides homo sapiens. However, in 2005, an economist/psychologist duo from Yale managed to teach seven capuchin monkeys how to use money, and I'm pretty sure from here on some of you might be able to guess what happened from there on.

https://www.zmescience.com/research/how-scientists-tught-monkeys-the-concept-of-money-not-long-after-the-first-prostitute-monkey-appeared/

:rofl: That's hilarious!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey