News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Bad Films

Started by xSilverPhinx, January 29, 2017, 10:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

xXx: Return of Xander Cage was was so bad it was like a caricature of Hollywood action movies, without even trying to be a caricature.

Any bad films you've seen recently?

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

I seen one called Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny. It was...Christmas Themed? It's part horror, part hippie, 100% train wreck.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Apathy on January 29, 2017, 11:04:09 PM
I seen one called Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny. It was...Christmas Themed? It's part horror, part hippie, 100% train wreck.

I had to google that one. Looks absolutely terrible. :lol:

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 29, 2017, 11:12:18 PM

There is no good reason to watch that movie.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Apathy on January 29, 2017, 11:18:40 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 29, 2017, 11:12:18 PM

There is no good reason to watch that movie.

Can't say I'm tempted. :P

Recusant

I recently saw "Teenagers From Outer Space" again. It didn't really grow on me.  :sadshake:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Recusant on January 29, 2017, 11:27:23 PM
I recently saw "Teenagers Fro Outer Space" again. It didn't really grow on me.  :sadshake:

Again? Why put yourself through that?  :o

Recusant

:shrug: Sometimes I'm just in the mood for a really bad movie. I know that I'll get what I want with something like "Teenagers From Outer Space."
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Recusant on January 29, 2017, 11:58:53 PM
:shrug: Sometimes I'm just in the mood for a really bad movie. I know that I'll get what I want with something like "Teenagers From Outer Space."

:lol: OK, fair enough.

Tom62

I tried to watch 2001 a Space Travesty, but gave up after 15 minutes.
It was dreadful.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tom62 on January 30, 2017, 06:28:44 PM
I tried to watch 2001 a Space Travesty, but gave up after 15 minutes.
It was dreadful.

I watched bits and pieces of that when I was in my teens, didn't think it was particularly funny either. Definitely not one of Leslie  Nielsen's best films.  ::)

xSilverPhinx

How could I forget Battlefield Earth? That movie was atrociously bad but I loved it, I must have watched it about 3 or 4 times or so...don't ask why.  :P

For those who don't know, it's based on a novel by L. Ron Hubbard, the creator of Scientology. Yep, Scientology. 

joeactor

I mostly watch bad films on MST3k or RiffTracks.

Arturo

Quote from: joeactor on January 30, 2017, 07:28:18 PM
I mostly watch bad films on MST3k or RiffTracks.

I watch rifftracks all the time. They play on this tv-like streaming site on the weekends. If you go there during the day it's anime and cartoons, but about 1 am est is when the riffs start. Of course there is a pst but nobody really uses that unless they missed a show they wanted to watch. They also have MST3k if you are willing to stay up that late.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 30, 2017, 07:18:23 PM
How could I forget Battlefield Earth? That movie was atrociously bad but I loved it, I must have watched it about 3 or 4 times or so...don't ask why.  :P

For those who don't know, it's based on a novel by L. Ron Hubbard, the creator of Scientology. Yep, Scientology.

Ever seen Trolls 2?

Don't.
     Arturo The1  リ壱