News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

The quality of photos I post here and elsewhere might be going up after Tuesday. I ordered my first "real" camera, a Nikon D3200. Just hope o can figure out how to use it.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dave

Quote from: jumbojak on April 28, 2018, 09:24:24 PM
The quality of photos I post here and elsewhere might be going up after Tuesday. I ordered my first "real" camera, a Nikon D3200. Just hope o can figure out how to use it.

If in doubt stick it on "intelligent" mode and auto focus - then all you have to do is the artistic stuff like composition, angle etc. I have its older bro, the D5100, mainly  because that has a swivel rear display so I can hold it up st full arm length and still see the display, or do low level shots without laying down.

But I think they upgraded the sensor and processing system in the Dx2xx series. Have fun!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

jumbojak

I took this one with my phone Wednesday night once the fire had burned down. It's better than I thought originally.

Magdalena

Quote from: jumbojak on April 28, 2018, 09:49:54 PM
I took this one with my phone Wednesday night once the fire had burned down. It's better than I thought originally.
:love:  I love it! :love:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

jumbojak

It took a looooong time to get that one. Once the fire had burned mostly down to coals I thought I'd be good to get a shot but bits and pieces near the edges kept flaring up and drowning out the red glowing embers with yellow light. Of probably fifty photos of those coals that was the only one that wasn't drowned out by flares or so unclear as to be unrecognizable.

hermes2015

I hope you will enjoy using it. I am sure the photographers here will be happy to share some tips and help with you, so don't be shy to ask.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: jumbojak on April 29, 2018, 02:10:27 AM
It took a looooong time to get that one. Once the fire had burned mostly down to coals I thought I'd be good to get a shot but bits and pieces near the edges kept flaring up and drowning out the red glowing embers with yellow light. Of probably fifty photos of those coals that was the only one that wasn't drowned out by flares or so unclear as to be unrecognizable.
Well, thank you. Your picture just became my first cell phone's wallpaper. It's so beautiful! It looks so alive. I imagine that's what a ruby's mine looks like, when the light hits it.

...Or maybe it's just a witch's love of fire.  :fingertap:
I don't know, I just like it. Thank you.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

That's a good camera. Loads of growth potential.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

Quote from: Dave on April 28, 2018, 09:44:20 PM

If in doubt stick it on "intelligent" mode and auto focus - then all you have to do is the artistic stuff like composition, angle etc. I have its older bro, the D5100, mainly  because that has a swivel rear display so I can hold it up st full arm length and still see the display, or do low level shots without laying down.

But I think they upgraded the sensor and processing system in the Dx2xx series. Have fun!

Thing is, when I get a new toy I have to understand how to use it. Scope, camera, torque wrench,  doesn't matter. I'll probably steer clear of the easy mode until I can at least make do without the help.

jumbojak

Quote from: hermes2015 on April 29, 2018, 04:26:50 AM

I hope you will enjoy using it. I am sure the photographers here will be happy to share some tips and help with you, so don't be shy to ask.

I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions. It should arrive sometime Tuesday and I doubt I'll get anything productive done on Wednesday!

jumbojak

Quote from: Tank on April 29, 2018, 06:59:31 AM
That's a good camera. Loads of growth potential.

That was my thinking. It's also inexpensive enough that if I wreck it doing something foolish it isn't the end of the world.

jumbojak

Quote from: Magdalena on April 29, 2018, 05:48:14 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on April 29, 2018, 02:10:27 AM
Well, thank you. Your picture just became my first cell phone's wallpaper. It's so beautiful! It looks so alive. I imagine that's what a ruby's mine looks like, when the light hits it.

...Or maybe it's just a witch's love of fire.  :fingertap:
I don't know, I just like it. Thank you.

You're welcome mags. I plan on experimenting with fire a lot more going forward. Watch this space...