News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

A look at Lexcorp

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

What it really looks like

Also the sign behind Jesse Eishenberg was done by my Dad's friends

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Tank

Love these shows.

Very frustrating for photography though. Uncontrolled reflections and difficult backgrounds. 
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on February 26, 2017, 08:27:00 AM
Love these shows.

Very frustrating for photography though. Uncontrolled reflections and difficult backgrounds.

Yes, very nice photos. I can recommend a polarizing filter - it can sometimes really help to control those reflections.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on February 26, 2017, 08:33:20 AM
Love these shows.

Yes, very nice photos. I can recommend a polarizing filter - it can sometimes really help to control those reflections.
Yes it does. It's about the only thing that helps.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: Tank on February 26, 2017, 09:16:04 AM
Love these shows.

Yes, with a DSLR, bridge camera or very high end compact. Not seen many filters for the ordinary compact. Wish tbey did, my Lumix compact actually takes better pictures than my Nikon. And is not such a lump to drag about! But, got a nice set of filters for the Nikon and the UV and polarised are usually on. Latter works well on scenes with lots of cloud as well.

Which camera do yiu have, Arturo?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Arturo on February 26, 2017, 08:06:53 AM
Pictures and a couple scattered videos I took of Detroit's Autorama this year

https://goo.gl/photos/f5zErAGGfe8XhrXXA

If you're wondering who that random Mexican is in some of my photos, that is el Papa.

Nice pictures Arturo,...Autorama is alway's a good show, really the  premier show for custom cars, always see something different.

I haven't been down to the show in several years, last time I went I took some of my wife's family down there when they were here visiting in Detroit, they loved it.

I really like the El Camino, very rad!

I usually have to go the Detroit Auto Show every year for work, so I get a bit burned out on these. :'(

Very cool you going with your dad, looked like he was enjoying himself...my dad took me to this show a number of times when I was younger, good memories.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on February 26, 2017, 09:30:10 AM
Quote from: Tank on February 26, 2017, 09:16:04 AM
Love these shows.

Yes, with a DSLR, bridge camera or very high end compact. Not seen many filters for the ordinary compact. Wish tbey did, my Lumix compact actually takes better pictures than my Nikon. And is not such a lump to drag about! But, got a nice set of filters for the Nikon and the UV and polarised are usually on. Latter works well on scenes with lots of cloud as well.

Which camera do yiu have, Arturo?

I used my phone lol
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

Quote from: Father Bruno on February 26, 2017, 05:40:31 PM
Quote from: Arturo on February 26, 2017, 08:06:53 AM
Pictures and a couple scattered videos I took of Detroit's Autorama this year

https://goo.gl/photos/f5zErAGGfe8XhrXXA

If you're wondering who that random Mexican is in some of my photos, that is el Papa.

Nice pictures Arturo,...Autorama is alway's a good show, really the  premier show for custom cars, always see something different.

I haven't been down to the show in several years, last time I went I took some of my wife's family down there when they were here visiting in Detroit, they loved it.

I really like the El Camino, very rad!

I usually have to go the Detroit Auto Show every year for work, so I get a bit burned out on these. :'(

Very cool you going with your dad, looked like he was enjoying himself...my dad took me to this show a number of times when I was younger, good memories.

I think my Dad went to the last Auto Show with his gf. So if you saw a buff Mexican with a dainty white wife, then you saw my Dad. He also set some stuff up for it as well, like a shiny egg.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

These pictures actually came out better than I thought because some cars would be the same colour right next to each other. Some weren't as good as I thought either but most of them are satisfying to me.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Biggus Dickus

joeactor

Quote from: Father Bruno on March 01, 2017, 08:56:33 PM

I used a canine filter for this shot.

Hee hee!

BTW, really liked the lads with comic books. Those were the days...

Biggus Dickus

Check out the work of Japanese photographer Hot.kenobi. He poses action figures in realistic settings to come up with some really cool pictures.

This is the first one that caught my eye.

This is my son's favorite as be is both a Batman and Bruce Lee fan.

This one is my favorite, as I like the action, notice the grains of sand flying through the air which give it motion?

More here.

Dave

This is the engjne/boiler room of that old dredger in the Gloucester Dicks, featuring our lovely lady engineer. There is not a lot of room and shovelling coal into the boiler, the other side of the engine, must have been hell with the heat and noise. The boiler was converted to burning diesel years ago and an air fan fitted.

There are two large (and long) belts, one each side, going to the top of the bucket chain tower, big gearbox up there actually driving the chain. Those belts are made from six thicknesses of buffalo hide (much tougher than cowhide it seems) rivetted together. They are praying these do not break, there aren't many buffalo on the vast plains of Gloucestershire these days!

The big wheel is the forward/reverse selector and the lever top right is the regulator. Well, there are only two choices to "regulate", stop and go.

joeactor

Dave

Quote from: joeactor on March 15, 2017, 09:06:34 PM
^^^ Cool... but does look cramped.
There is about 18 inches either side of those big pulleys, I am about three feet forrard of the engine, almost sitting on a bit of ancillary machinery, and there is about the same in the stoking position aft of the engine. The stoker must have used a short handled shovel!

The picture was using my not brilliant phone, I had been taking a better camera in but forgot it today. If I go in Saturday, when they steam it up, will take a decent camera.

And earplugs.