News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Biggus Dickus

I came across this photograph  on Twitter this morning by a guy I follow named Matt Pinner, and thought it was quite spectacular.

Location is somewheres in England, around Dorset I believe, and it is called Durdle Door Sunrise. (Not sure who or what Durdles are, but they're doors are nice...perhaps they are similar to Hobbits?)

Photographers information:
http://www.theshedgallery.com/gallery?q=Matt+pinner
Matt pinner
@Matt_Pinner

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Claireliontamer

You should also follow this guy too:
http://www.davezphotography.co.uk  he's on twitter too.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Claireliontamer on January 11, 2016, 07:13:50 PM

Thanks I'm now following The Yorkshire Lens, very nice work.

...and although this isn't his prettiest piece it did make me chortle (1/2 dozen broken eggs at discount).

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on January 11, 2016, 08:37:25 PM
Quote from: Claireliontamer on January 11, 2016, 07:13:50 PM

Thanks I'm now following The Yorkshire Lens, very nice work.

...and although this isn't his prettiest piece it did make me chortle (1/2 dozen broken eggs at discount).

He's a funny guy. He's suddenly become really popular in the last year, mainly through twitter. I started following him when he had less than 1000 followers, now he's over 80k.  Plus he tends to photograph Yorkshire a lot, so he has rhe best subject matter to work with.

Biggus Dickus

I took this afternoon off work, had been a long week, and I needed a break so I took my bike out for a ride on some of the local trails. Unfortunately it was warming up too much (Actually raining now) so the trails were turning to slop in areas, but still it was nice to get out into the fresh air.
Then I saw this little foxy lady. Pretty isn't she? Was pleasantly surprised how close I was able to get to her, fortunately the bike makes little or no noise in the woods.

Cool thing she turned back and looked at me.

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Magdalena

Is this the same trail where you fall all the time, and break something?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 16, 2016, 02:57:21 AM
Whereabouts in Michigan are you Bruno? It looks really cold.

I'm in Southeast Michigan Bud, just outside the Detroit area (I live in Dearborn)...it warmed up here today, it was colder earlier this week and we did get a decent amount of snow as well which the rain is melting.

Supposed to get a low of 4F on Sunday, but no snow in the forecast for the coming week, makes me sad:(

Quote from: Magdalena on January 16, 2016, 02:59:17 AM
Is this the same trail where you fall all the time, and break something?

It's one of many connected trails in the area Mags, we have miles and miles. Actually a group of us working to connect our trails to another network of trails west of us. SuperMegaTrail!

Yes my dearest Mags I have fallen in this area, once or twice, maybe several times, however. Never broke anything except my bike on a fall in this area. Ha!
I tend to injure myself (Oh and thanks for remembering) at one or two of the state parks close by.

Buddy

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on January 16, 2016, 03:12:44 AM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 16, 2016, 02:57:21 AM
Whereabouts in Michigan are you Bruno? It looks really cold.

I'm in Southeast Michigan Bud, just outside the Detroit area (I live in Dearborn)...it warmed up here today, it was colder earlier this week and we did get a decent amount of snow as well which the rain is melting.

Supposed to get a low of 4F on Sunday, but no snow in the forecast for the coming week, makes me sad:(

Too bad you don't live in the southwest part. The university I go to is about a 15 minute drive from Niles.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Biggus Dickus

I know where Niles is, maybe the next time I have to go to Grand Rapids for work I can swing by and visit with you and your horse.

Biggus Dickus

I took this picture up in northern Michigan earlier this winter at my daughter and son-in-law's place, looks peaceful doesn't it?

Anyway I'm headed back up there in a couple weeks and there is a lot more snow up there now than there was in this picture, so I'll have to take another picture when I'm up there for comparison's sake.

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.