News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGit

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

You're thinner, you look good OldGit!
You look so much like my 7th-grade teacher, he was my favorite.  :)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

OldGit

Waski_the_Squirrel

Photography is important to me. I take a lot of photos for the local paper of high school sports and other events. I also do some landscape and event photography. Hopefully all of these are appropriate to this forum.

I may have become an atheist but the people in this church and their support through other parts of my life have been very important to me.

This little guy ate too much of my garden this summer...but he was really cute.

Some friends of mine own the pasture on either side of this road.

North Dakota isn't flat.

OldGit

Some nice shots there, WtS.  And you have some beautiful landscape to work on.

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

WtS this thread was made for you! Keep 'um comin' dude!

Love the bunny photo. Spot on focus and depth of field.  May I enquire about the lens used?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

MariaEvri

God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Waski_the_Squirrel

Quote from: Tank on November 08, 2015, 06:17:10 PM

Love the bunny photo. Spot on focus and depth of field.  May I enquire about the lens used?

It's a Canon 200mm f2.8 lens. Usually it's my "football lens" but between the tame baby bunny and this lens, I was able to get some good closeups and video footage in great lighting.

Quote from: OldGit on November 08, 2015, 10:44:34 AM
Some nice shots there, WtS.  And you have some beautiful landscape to work on.

Thanks! Southwestern North Dakota does not look at all like what people picture when they think of North Dakota.

Tank

The back lighting was very fortuitous. Take it while you can get it!

Waski_the_Squirrel

Quote from: Tank on November 08, 2015, 07:58:21 PM

People always remark on the veins in its little ears. I was glad the rabbit stayed out in the light while I ran inside for my camera.

Tank

Quote from: Waski_the_Squirrel on November 09, 2015, 05:21:04 AM
Quote from: Tank on November 08, 2015, 07:58:21 PM

People always remark on the veins in its little ears. I was glad the rabbit stayed out in the light while I ran inside for my camera.
Yes. After you get over the initial cuteness of the subject and start looking in detail the veins do catch ones eye.

MariaEvri

God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com