News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGit

Sandra Craft

Quote from: OldGit on June 13, 2012, 07:47:37 PM
Indeed, lovely shots. I like BCE's bench, too.

Thank you.  As much as I like other peoples nature shots (and am particularly envious of McQ's hummingbird close-ups) I seem drawn to geometic things myself, like this:

Altho I seem to be drawn to doors a lot too.  I wonder it it's meaningful in any way?

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

DeterminedJuliet

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

En_Route

The tree looks as if it's bursting through its urban- brutish curtilage. It has a definite emblematic quality.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Sandra Craft

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on June 13, 2012, 10:50:33 PM
Quote from: Tank on June 13, 2012, 09:18:27 PM
I really like the colour and composition on the door scene.

Ditto!

Thanks!  Both pictures were taken just outside Johnny Reb's, a place that features Southern cooking and has Brunswick stew and hush puppies nearly as good as my Dad used to make.

Quote from: En_Route on June 13, 2012, 11:08:58 PM
The tree looks as if it's bursting through its urban- brutish curtilage. It has a definite emblematic quality.

You want urban brutishness, you should see tree roots coming out of cracks in the sidewalk created by earthquakes.  I never seem to have a camera with me when I see one of those tho.
Sandy

McQ

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 13, 2012, 11:43:18 PM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on June 13, 2012, 10:50:33 PM
Quote from: Tank on June 13, 2012, 09:18:27 PM
I really like the colour and composition on the door scene.

Ditto!

Thanks!  Both pictures were taken just outside Johnny Reb's, a place that features Southern cooking and has Brunswick stew and hush puppies nearly as good as my Dad used to make.

Quote from: En_Route on June 13, 2012, 11:08:58 PM

You want urban brutishness, you should see tree roots coming out of cracks in the sidewalk created by earthquakes.  I never seem to have a camera with me when I see one of those tho.

Like the composition in the second one as well. Also, trees, roots, and the like coming up through sidewalks are almost always great subjects to shoot, like this. They're nice opposing subjects and create interest right away.

Brunswick Stew.....mmmmmmmmm....haven't had a good Brunswick Stew in many years. Had some of the best ever while living in Savannah, GA.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Sandra Craft

Quote from: McQ on June 14, 2012, 01:43:12 AM
Brunswick Stew.....mmmmmmmmm....haven't had a good Brunswick Stew in many years. Had some of the best ever while living in Savannah, GA.

My Dad used to make it every year on July 4, and believe me I looked forward to it all year long.  I've tried making it myself, but it just doesn't come out the same -- for one thing I don't have the cast iron cauldron my Dad used, but even if I did have that pot I still don't have his skill at cooking.
Sandy

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on June 14, 2012, 07:25:42 AM
Brunswik Stew Nom nom nom  ;D

Saved that to my recipe folder.  I lost Dad's recipe (more like general guidelines) years ago, but I may take another crack at it this 4th.
Sandy

Siz

Quote from: Tank on June 14, 2012, 07:25:42 AM
Brunswik Stew Nom nom nom  ;D

My Great Grandfather was from Brunswick County NC and my Dad used to eat it as a kid - he says he can't remember what it tasted like. A memorable dish then?!

Sounds nice though. I've got my brother and his wife coming over from the US at the beginning of July so we'll be getting the Family Siz Yank-Massive together. You've got my juices flowing with talk of this dish so maybe we'll stew up a rabbit or two...

Right, where's that crockpot...?

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Ihateyoumike

Here's a picture the bro (hismikeness) took of me while camping at Steelhead Falls this last weekend. Was a little nervous sitting there, but I think it is a hell of a shot. That was awful high up and it was pretty windy up there.
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

Tank

Ihateyoumike

Quote from: Tank on June 16, 2012, 08:16:48 PM
So that would be an example of 'Extreme sitting!' then?

Dammit! Maybe I should've planked it! lol
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

Tank

Quote from: Ihateyoumike on June 16, 2012, 08:22:42 PM
Quote from: Tank on June 16, 2012, 08:16:48 PM
So that would be an example of 'Extreme sitting!' then?

Dammit! Maybe I should've planked it! lol
That's exactly what I thought when I saw the picture  :D