News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amicale

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on May 16, 2012, 03:40:43 PM
Quote from: OldGit on May 16, 2012, 09:55:40 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtcThat surprises me, there aren't many hummingbirds in England?

AFAIK there are none at all. 

Well, now I know what makes the FSM cry -- that is so freaking sad!  Around here how often you see them depends on where you live -- where I am in So Cal I can count on seeing at least 3 a summer, but where my stepmother lives in Central Cal you'll see at least 3 a day during summer.

On the other hand, I understand England does have humming-bird hawk moths  :o : http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/worldonthemove/species/humming-bird-hawk-moth/

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Crow

Retired member.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Amicale on May 16, 2012, 10:55:42 PM
On the other hand, I understand England does have humming-bird hawk moths  :o : http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/worldonthemove/species/humming-bird-hawk-moth/

Now the only time I've seen that is in the movie Angels and Insects, where it freaked Patsy Kensit out by crawling up her bodice.  As much as I love insects, I can't say I blamed her -- that thing was unsettling!
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

McQ

Took this a couple of days ago with the iPhone and an app called ProHDR. Original photo is the color one, and the only other added effect was to slightly surface blur the photos in the background for effect.

Enjoy!

Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Crow

Quote from: McQ on May 17, 2012, 10:22:59 PM
Took this a couple of days ago with the iPhone and an app called ProHDR. Original photo is the color one, and the only other added effect was to slightly surface blur the photos in the background for effect.

An iphone took those images! wow! Downloading that app now.
Retired member.

Tank

Quote from: Crow on May 17, 2012, 10:33:00 PM

But one can't download McQ's eye for a good picture  >:(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crow

Quote from: Tank on May 17, 2012, 10:38:15 PM
Quote from: Crow on May 17, 2012, 10:33:00 PM

But one can't download McQ's eye for a good picture  >:(
That is very true, plus McQ may have taken thousands of pictures and achieved only one picture he was happy with.  ;)
Retired member.

McQ

--Penn Jillette

Amicale

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

The Magic Pudding

But one can't download McQ's eye for a good picture  >:(

Sure you can, just do a google search for "hal eye," there's about 6,250,000 results.

All right all right, stop looking at me like that, I'm going away now.

Sandra Craft

Enjoy!

I like the color one better, oddly enough it seems moodier.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

McQ

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on May 18, 2012, 04:29:34 AM
But one can't download McQ's eye for a good picture  >:(

Sure you can, just do a google search for "hal eye," there's about 6,250,000 results.

All right all right, stop looking at me like that, I'm going away now.

;D

--Penn Jillette

McQ

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on May 18, 2012, 05:46:55 AM

Enjoy!

Thanks. I also prefer the color. I tried about four different B & W filters, and still none of them, to my eye, gave as much feel to the photo as the HDR color did. And really, I did almost nothing to it to create the HDR (High Dynamic Range). Essentially a good deal of contrast and vibrancy added, without blowing out the highlights too much.
--Penn Jillette

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on May 18, 2012, 05:46:55 AM

Enjoy!

I agree. It gives it a "richer" feeling, if that makes sense. I really like it.
Edit: I think the black and white washes out the wood tones a little bit. And the wood looks pretty :)
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

OldGit

Lovely photo.  I also prefer the original, but there are points in favour of both.