News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MariaEvri

nbah not my shot unfortunately-although its my dream to see one
I think it's from national geographic
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Tank

McQ

Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

McQ

Quote from: Tank on July 16, 2011, 06:22:29 PM

All three of these macros are once again, awesome. But what is this very scary looking thing? It's not the sort of creature I'd willingly pick up.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Tank

It is a ladybird nymph. There are a bunch of photos here http://www.northeastwildlife.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=762 they are voracious consumers of aphids (green/black fly) and as such very useful to the gardener and perfectly harmless to people.

Ihateyoumike

Just a quick snap of the spot where I spent my entire day fishing yesterday.
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

Tank

Ihateyoumike

Quote from: Tank on July 17, 2011, 07:09:38 PM
Very picturesque. Did you catch anything?

I didn't, except some rocks. The damn catfish were smart, kept striking and lodging between the rocks getting me snagged. Lost quite a few rigs. And the trout were teasing me. Kept jumping right around where I had casted- guess they wanted the bugs more than my worms and powerbait. The friend I went with caught 3 largemouth bass and a catfish though, but he's a much much more experienced fisherman than myself.

Sure was nice weather too, except for the storm that passed overhead. We watched the wall of rain slowly creep our way over the water until it finally just dropped like a blanket of water out of the sky. Got soaked for about ten minutes and then was gone. Caught a pic of the rainbow that showed up on the tail-end of the storm. It was a double rainbow for a while, but unfortunately couldn't get a good picture of that.

Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

OldGit

Seen in Leominster, Herefordshire last Friday.

The owner said "sometimes he walks, and sometimes he likes to ride."

Tank

roy1967

Quote from: MariaEvri on July 09, 2011, 02:27:18 PM

cause I love twisters

Maria, living in Kansas will change your mind about twisters.....  when you spend many days every spring wondering where your family is when the sirens start wailing.  Pictures of them are astounding and awe inspiring I must admit!

I've only seen one live in my lifetime, but it was plenty.  Unfortunately we have many opportunities.

Roy
The school is the last expenditure upon which America should be willing to economize.

Franklin D. Roosevelt

roy1967

Is buying a higher quality camera used generally a good idea?  How does a rank novice such as myself keep from getting taken?

Roy
The school is the last expenditure upon which America should be willing to economize.

Franklin D. Roosevelt