News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

I woke up at 4:00 AM and Dave came to mind. :sad sigh:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on May 25, 2019, 07:39:21 PM
I woke up at 4:00 AM and Dave came to mind. :sad sigh:

:console:

I thought about Dave during my morning walk. I saw a ship in the fog and for some reason that triggered memories of him.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

Had a busy week at work last week, a three day weekend, and I go on vacation all of next week. To say that I am unmotivated to do anything is an understatement.  :fingertap:
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Dark Lightning

I'm going to have 3 toes on my left foot surgically altered tomorrow. My blood pressure was high today when I went for my pre-op physical, mainly because it took me 45 minutes to drive 12 miles.  >:(  I've also been calling for weeks (with no call back!) to find out if I could get one of those neat scooters instead of crutches, as my hands haven't totally recovered from my carpal tunnel release surgery two years ago (despite being told that one year was the expected recovery time), only to be pleasantly surprised to find out that the clinic loans out those scooters for free, and one was returned while I waited for my pain drugs (which I fervently hope that I don't need!). I despise opiates. I'm already using Naproxen at least twice every day, so only needing Tylenol is just a joke. I got Hydrocodone with Tylenol. I hope I don't get too jacked on it. I told the doctor that I refused to take Vicodin. That stuff is terrible for me.

hermes2015

Quote from: Dark Lightning on May 30, 2019, 03:28:04 AM
I'm going to have 3 toes on my left foot surgically altered tomorrow. My blood pressure was high today when I went for my pre-op physical, mainly because it took me 45 minutes to drive 12 miles.  >:(  I've also been calling for weeks (with no call back!) to find out if I could get one of those neat scooters instead of crutches, as my hands haven't totally recovered from my carpal tunnel release surgery two years ago (despite being told that one year was the expected recovery time), only to be pleasantly surprised to find out that the clinic loans out those scooters for free, and one was returned while I waited for my pain drugs (which I fervently hope that I don't need!). I despise opiates. I'm already using Naproxen at least twice every day, so only needing Tylenol is just a joke. I got Hydrocodone with Tylenol. I hope I don't get too jacked on it. I told the doctor that I refused to take Vicodin. That stuff is terrible for me.

I wish you a very successful operation tomorrow. I hope your experience will be as good as mine was a year ago, when I had my left hip replacement. The hospital staff were astonished that I never needed any pain drugs after the op, not even on the first day.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

:console:
I hope everything turns out fine, Dark Lightning.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

I hope they hop to it!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery!

Essie Mae

Good Luck Dark Lightning.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Dark Lightning

Thanks, everybody! I'm still recovering from the anesthesia. Slept lousy last night, so I just woke up from a two hour nap. It is only a mild throb at the moment, so I'm propping it up. They said keep the foot even with or above my heart when possible. They told me no alcohol or coffee for 24 hours. Man, I want a cup of coffee! :lol: Don't need booze, I'm already woozy enough. The surgeon said it came out great, so I'm pleased about that.

Essie Mae

Quote from: Dark Lightning on May 31, 2019, 12:24:57 AM
Thanks, everybody! I'm still recovering from the anesthesia. Slept lousy last night, so I just woke up from a two hour nap. It is only a mild throb at the moment, so I'm propping it up. They said keep the foot even with or above my heart when possible. They told me no alcohol or coffee for 24 hours. Man, I want a cup of coffee! :lol: Don't need booze, I'm already woozy enough. The surgeon said it came out great, so I'm pleased about that.

So pleased to hear it's going well. Once you're over the immediate post-op effects you'll feel much better. All the best.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

xSilverPhinx

Good to hear you're recovering well, DL! I asked my crystal 8-ball before and it confirmed that you would recover just fine, so rest assured. :grin: 

Dark Lightning

Thanks, folks! A good night's sleep helped a lot. I may actually have to take one of the pain pills, but I'm going to try just Tylenol first. The stuff they gave me during surgery did a good job until this morning. I only took one 500 mg Tylenol before bed last night.

jumbojak

Had to get a new phone today. Not happy to unexpectedly shell out the cash but it is nice having a phone that just works.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz