News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Why The Misogyny?

Started by Bad Penny II, April 19, 2018, 02:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

Hmmm...

QuoteA van driver accused of killing 10 people  in Toronto posted to Facebook minutes before the attack to praise a woman-hating mass shooter.

Alek Minassian - charged on Tuesday with 10 counts of murder and 13 counts of attempted murder - also referred to the misogynistic "incel" Reddit group.

Police say the 25-year-old intentionally drove a rental van into pedestrians on a busy pavement.

The suspect was arrested several streets away after a tense standoff with police.

The 10 dead and 14 wounded are "predominantly" women, ranging in age from their 20s to their 80s, police say.

The term "incel" refers to a now-banned group on the message site Reddit, used by Rodger, where young men discussed their lack of sexual activity, blaming women for the problem.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Dave

Some insights into the male mindset in America. I actually find most of this quite alien , beyond the basic "drives" that I do believe men have,  but have to recognise that the makers of the programme chose the interviewees to match their purposes.

However, much of what is said leads into the more extreme attitudes I feel I see and hear from American mindset formers, from teachers and sportsmen to politicians and presidents, or at least the current one. However, looking at American history perhaps I see the origins of these attitudes. This is all part of the pattern I think.

QuoteIn the Southern state of North Carolina presenter Tim Samuel finds the contradictions and cultural clashes that are playing out across the US – with men often in the middle of the fallout.

Heading through the Appalachian mountains – where traditional blue-collar jobs have collapsed - he sees the social ravages of opioid addiction. Indeed, a doctor reveals that for the first time in generations male mortality is starting to move in the wrong direction; we are in the midst of a man crisis, he says. Away from the mountains – with their moonshine and NASCAR heritage - the clash between conservative and liberal values came to the fore over the state's controversial transgender bathroom bill. When men's expectations - and entitlements - for life aren't being met, when they feel threatened, that destructiveness can turn outwards on others too. Mass shootings - a male preserve. We hear of death threats over a billboard. In Charlotte, a former drug dealer and policeman talk about how their lives were changed after a chance meeting at a race protest, whilst over at an American football game, students from fraternities – which have been under fire in recent years - talk about political correctness on campus culture.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w3csxg1n
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Bad Penny II

I've been watching the treatment of Hillary for decades, we had a female Labor prime minister for a while.
Well at the best of times conservatives can't abide the left in power, conservatives were born to rule.
They become more rabid when a women is raised above them, I found their behaviour repugnant.
I think their dog whistling was and is effective.
Have you had one expound their demented world view expecting you to be one them?
I know I have a pro woman bias, I'm going keep it though.
All men should teach their sons, "you don't hit girls".
Though so many fuck off leaving the women to do the lifting.
They are not an other, they are ours, they are us.

It's a bit dorky but anyway:

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Arturo

Quote from: Bad Penny II on April 25, 2018, 03:18:19 PM
I've been watching the treatment of Hillary for decades, we had a female Labor prime minister for a while.
Well at the best of times conservatives can't abide the left in power, conservatives were born to rule.
They become more rabid when a women is raised above them, I found their behaviour repugnant.
Have you had one expound their demented world view expecting you to be one them?

I don't know why I am getting into this but here I go anyway.

Women have more stamina. When looking at weight lifters, male and females have basic common physiology that works the same way. However, the difference comes from the sex hormones estrogen and testosterone. While males roughly have 6x more T while females have around 9x more E. The testosterone is good for males to be more explosive and spontaneous. Given the nature of male...nature, this may explain a lot. Going further, female's estrogen gives them the ability to be more slow, and last longer with more reps. And given the nature, this may be why they tend to live longer than men.

Of course these are basic common traits and do not apply to everyone, but these are just the way things work. This might be why the situation as it is that you say "men leave women to do the lifting".

Personally I think women can handle more stress than men, but they still need breaks. Everyone does.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Arturo on April 26, 2018, 02:37:09 AM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on April 25, 2018, 03:18:19 PM

I don't know why I am getting into this but here I go anyway.

Women have more stamina. When looking at weight lifters, male and females have basic common physiology that works the same way. However, the difference comes from the sex hormones estrogen and testosterone. While males roughly have 6x more T while females have around 9x more E. The testosterone is good for males to be more explosive and spontaneous. Given the nature of male...nature, this may explain a lot. Going further, female's estrogen gives them the ability to be more slow, and last longer with more reps. And given the nature, this may be why they tend to live longer than men.

Of course these are basic common traits and do not apply to everyone, but these are just the way things work. This might be why the situation as it is that you say "men leave women to do the lifting".

Personally I think women can handle more stress than men, but they still need breaks. Everyone does.

Estrogen has protective effects (so much so that women going through menopause are at increased susceptibility to a number of diseases) whereas testosterone apparently harms everything but the testicles. Kind of funny how evolution works. The testicles are trying to not only survive but thrive in the male body.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

QuoteEstrogen has protective effects (so much so that women going through menopause are at increased susceptibility to a number of diseases) whereas testosterone apparently harms everything but the testicles.

Hmm, perhaps this is part of the picture regarding manflu? Women get protection whereas us manly men are our own worst enemies?

:grin:

Perhaps I am glad that testosterone falls off a bit with advanced age! Though, having said that, since I have been taking Spironalactone, which contains lactose (which causes manboobs)  my beard has grown faster - I now need to shave every day again to have a face as smooth as, er, a baby with nappy rash? (But I only bother if I am going out that day.)

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on April 27, 2018, 10:03:02 PM
QuoteEstrogen has protective effects (so much so that women going through menopause are at increased susceptibility to a number of diseases) whereas testosterone apparently harms everything but the testicles.

Hmm, perhaps this is part of the picture regarding manflu? Women get protection whereas us manly men are our own worst enemies?

I have no idea! :lol:

QuotePerhaps I am glad that testosterone falls off a bit with advanced age! Though, having said that, since I have been taking Spironalactone, which contains lactose (which causes manboobs)  my beard has grown faster - I now need to shave every day again to have a face as smooth as, er, a baby with nappy rash? (But I only bother if I am going out that day.)

Really? I never heard of lactose causing manboobs before. :notsure:

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 27, 2018, 10:07:46 PM
Quote from: Dave on April 27, 2018, 10:03:02 PM

I have no idea! :lol:

QuotePerhaps I am glad that testosterone falls off a bit with advanced age! Though, having said that, since I have been taking Spironalactone, which contains lactose (which causes manboobs)  my beard has grown faster - I now need to shave every day again to have a face as smooth as, er, a baby with nappy rash? (But I only bother if I am going out that day.)

Really? I never heard of lactose causing manboobs before. :notsure:

I think Dave is getting lactose mixed with prolactin. Lactose is sugar found in milk (which people are allergic to often). Prolectin is the female hormone that produces the milk....And then you drink it, with the lactose. And then...and then...well it's the circle of life.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Well . . .

For "manboobs" read "gynecomastia".

QuoteSpironolactone induces gynecomastia by blocking androgen production, by blocking androgens from binding to their receptors, and by increasing both total and free estrogen levels.

Change the age to 73, drop "severe" and make the duration 5 years and this about describes me:

QuoteA 62-year-old man with known coronary artery disease and ischemic left ventricular dysfunction presented with chest discomfort. His history was remarkable for New York Heart Association (NYHA) class IV congestive heart failure with depressed left ventricular ejection fraction. Physical examination revealed severe gynecomastia. The patient had been taking spironolactone (25 mg) daily for 8 years as part of his medication regimen for congestive heart failure.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2719518

Later: milk is commonly a major cause of manboobs it seems but, other than small tubs of yoghurt for the past two months and in bought processed foods (cakes etc),  I have not used milk or milk products for over ten years, probably 20.

Even later: my heart failure is probably borderline NYHA lll, there are times when I do get a little short of breath with ordinary activity. There is no actual mention of lactose bring the specific ingredient in Spironolactone as the cause of gynecomastia, that came from my GP.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on April 28, 2018, 05:47:35 AM
Later: milk is commonly a major cause of manboobs it seems but, other than small tubs of yoghurt for the past two months and in bought processed foods (cakes etc),  I have not used milk or milk products for over ten years, probably 20.

Could be because of the hormones they give dairy cows.

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 28, 2018, 02:03:13 PM

Yes, that seems so, I mentioned it mainly so that it would be taken out of the equation since I had not consumed it for a long time. Actually a memory came back, I had a lump removed from under my right nipple at age 18 and was told it was benign at the time. Perhaps I am a bit prone?

Arturo

Quote from: Dave on April 28, 2018, 02:17:38 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 28, 2018, 02:03:13 PM

Yes, that seems so, I mentioned it mainly so that it would be taken out of the equation since I had not consumed it for a long time. Actually a memory came back, I had a lump removed from under my right nipple at age 18 and was told it was benign at the time. Perhaps I am a bit prone?

Must be your milk in the UK. I drink tons of milk and am sorely lacking in the man boobs department.
     Arturo The1  リ壱