News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Upcoming movies that have you psyched!

Started by xSilverPhinx, September 29, 2018, 02:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

There is that one movie coming out where that guy does that thing, before he has to do that really big thing.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

The new one? Better or worse than Kevin Costner flick? The only saving grace there was Alan Rickman. He'll always be The Sheriff to me.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Sandra Craft

Quote from: No one on October 06, 2018, 11:17:29 PM
There is that one movie coming out where that guy does that thing, before he has to do that really big thing.

I know the one you're talking about!!
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Sandra Craft

Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on December 02, 2018, 02:42:51 AM
The new one? Better or worse than Kevin Costner flick? The only saving grace there was Alan Rickman. He'll always be The Sheriff to me.

Yes, the new one. It was way worse than the Kevin Costner movie, even though there was no Kevin Costner in it.

Take a bucketload of bunch of clichés, sprinkle a handful of underwhelming performance by the lead actor and mix those with a boringly predictable plot and you'll get Robin Hood (2018).  Best served in very small portions.   

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Going to watch Aquaman this weekend. I hope it isn't as disappointing as Robin Hood was.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 12, 2018, 03:38:43 AM
Going to watch Aquaman this weekend. I hope it isn't as disappointing as Robin Hood was.

:watching:  Waiting anxiously for your review.  Not that a bad review means I won't go to see the beautiful swimming man, just that I may regret the expense of it.
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sandra Craft on December 12, 2018, 05:28:30 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 12, 2018, 03:38:43 AM

:watching:  Waiting anxiously for your review.  Not that a bad review means I won't go to see the beautiful swimming man, just that I may regret the expense of it.

;D Something tells me neither of us will regret seeing the beautiful swimming man.

joeactor

I think the Holmes/Watson on is the only one I'm vaguely interested in seeing... Maybe when it is free on Netflix.

I know one I won't want to see, though:

xSilverPhinx

^ That trailer is so odd the movie is likely to be one of two things: great or godawful. I think it's more likely to be the latter, though. Even so, I will probably watch it, just because I like to torture myself. :popcorn:

joeactor

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 12, 2018, 09:19:33 PM
^ That trailer is so odd the movie is likely to be one of two things: great or godawful. I think it's more likely to be the latter, though. Even so, I will probably watch it, just because I like to torture myself. :popcorn:

I can't get past the concept. Apparently, according to reviews, the execution is also severely lacking. But it is strong on budget and special effects.