News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

The Five Elements -- HAF Photo Challenge Poll

Started by Recusant, June 11, 2018, 05:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Despite extending the deadline, we have nowhere near the number of entries for this edition of the photo challenge as we got for the last. So be it, and thank you very much to those who submitted photos.  :)

Please PM me ASAP if I've missed any entries, or otherwise made a mistake in setting this poll.

Members may vote for up to five entries and can change their votes. Voting will close in two weeks.

1. Guardian85

2. Lark

3. hermes2015

4. Recusant

5. Guardian85

6. Lark

7. hermes201

8. Recusant

9. Guardian85

10. Lark

11. hermes201

12. Recusant

13. Guardian85

14. Lark

15. hermes201

16. Recusant

17. Guardian85

18. Lark

19. hermes201

20. Recusant
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

Some smashing good shots as usual. I am impressed with the color quality of several of them.  The weird one, number 15, could be one of the Hermes shots. Flames and beakers do remind us of mad chemists. Nice work, all of you.

Dragonia

Yes, these are beautiful! I love this theme!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Sandra Craft

Question on 14, when all is revealed -- are those birds sitting along that branch?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Quote from: Sandra Craft on June 12, 2018, 09:20:03 PM
Question on 14, when all is revealed -- are those birds sitting along that branch?

You can zoom in on it. They are not birds, they look like bunches of twigs and leaves.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: Tank on June 12, 2018, 09:28:35 PM

You can zoom in on it. They are not birds, they look like bunches of twigs and leaves.

Could be parasitic growths, a few trees round here have such - not mistletoe, smaller, tight clumps with totally different leaves to host tree.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

Quote from: Dave on June 16, 2018, 12:04:19 PM

Could be parasitic growths, a few trees round here have such - not mistletoe, smaller, tight clumps with totally different leaves to host tree.

I think that is exactly what they are!

Sandra Craft

I zoomed, and then they looked like bats.  I don't think there's enough zoom in the world for my eyes, have to get new glasses.
Sandy

Dave

Quote from: Sandra Craft on June 16, 2018, 08:15:29 PM

I zoomed, and then they looked like bats.  I don't think there's enough zoom in the world for my eyes, have to get new glasses.

I want a pair of opera glasses!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Dave on June 16, 2018, 08:52:09 PM
Quote from: Sandra Craft on June 16, 2018, 08:15:29 PM

I want a pair of opera glasses!

:lol:  Altho that would look cool.
Sandy

Recusant

Voting on this challenge will close in a couple of days . . . :)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

;D Habemus victor!  ;D

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey