News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Earworms You Don't Mind...

Started by xSilverPhinx, March 07, 2018, 05:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

QuoteEarworms You Don't Mind...

...playing over and over and over again in your mind.

Are there any catchy tunes you like? If so, which one(s)?

Songs by: America (rock band from the 70's).  :blush:

And...
A few Merengue tunes.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

jumbojak

This has been running through my head for the last three days.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Harmonie

Quote from: Magdalena on March 10, 2018, 02:47:45 AM

Aw. No need to blush. America was my favorite band back in late high school. I know that sounds odd given my age, but I totally got into 70s Soft Rock in high school. lol. Bread was another favorite of mine at the time, and has actually increased in appeal over the years.

70s Soft Rock is one of my favorite genres to this day. It is just plain good pop music.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Icarus

Every time I go into the yard to fill my bird feeder the earworm:  feed the birds, tuppence a bag,  begins to circulate inside my skull. 

Here is a video that contains that song beginning at 5.00. Also a brief trumpet solo at 0.01  The whole video has appeal because there are crowds of people at Swansea, Belfast, and  Glasgow who are happily singing the songs from Mary Poppins.  Ruthie Henshall is the featured vocalist.  This is very British. Try it.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpYQPTEmmVw

jumbojak

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

I don't know why YouTube links don't want to work for me.

I think it's because you're picking the link up via another site. That's when I had the problem. When I went directly to YouTube and found the same video had a different link (there was some extra crap in the middle of the original one). Try going via YouTube to get the link and see what happens.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

Quote from: Tank on March 10, 2018, 09:42:03 PM

I think it's because you're picking the link up via another site. That's when I had the problem. When I went directly to YouTube and found the same video had a different link (there was some extra crap in the middle of the original one). Try going via YouTube to get the link and see what happens.

The links I'm using are from the youtube android app. They work fine using url tags, just not youtube tags. I've even tried pulling links from the mobile site. No dice, so I'll just have to be vigilant.

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 11, 2018, 12:32:16 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on March 10, 2018, 09:13:26 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 10, 2018, 02:02:43 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on March 10, 2018, 02:52:35 AM

I get the error message "not a valid youtube url". :(

Try
https://youtu.be/wogV-P6cWFw

Yes, now it worked. :smilenod:

I dig the unexpectedly funky groove. It's not their usual psychedelic polka music but still enjoyable. To me, anyway.

Magdalena

Quote from: Harmonie on March 10, 2018, 02:56:47 PM

Aw. No need to blush. America was my favorite band back in late high school. I know that sounds odd given my age, but I totally got into 70s Soft Rock in high school. lol. Bread was another favorite of mine at the time, and has actually increased in appeal over the years.

70s Soft Rock is one of my favorite genres to this day. It is just plain good pop music.

I love soft rock too.  I learned to love it when I lived in Washington State. 
:far out:
Puget Sound.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on March 11, 2018, 02:10:13 AM
Quote from: Tank on March 10, 2018, 09:42:03 PM

The links I'm using are from the youtube android app. They work fine using url tags, just not youtube tags. I've even tried pulling links from the mobile site. No dice, so I'll just have to be vigilant.
Post one that doesn't work please and I'll see what I can do.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dragonia

Oh me too! Good for singing my heart out  :snicker:
And I have to add Little River Band in there too, among this genre. We would have so much fun doing Karaoke together!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Magdalena

Quote from: Dragonia on March 12, 2018, 02:50:21 PM

Oh me too! Good for singing my heart out  :snicker:
And I have to add Little River Band in there too, among this genre. We would have so much fun doing Karaoke together!

Oh....yeah...no. I don't sing. Ever. I sound, bad. Really bad.
Rrrrreeeeeeeeeally bad.

~I'm sorry.  :cryandrun:

Dragonia

^^^Ha ha, even if we liquor you up a little first?
I am polar opposite, I'll sing loud and proud, even though I know I suck, I don't care. I've been known to really embarrass my kids.... But at some point, they are going to have to understand that certain songs just need to be sung along to. I'm sorry. It's the way my universe works.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)