News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Yep, it's me.

Started by REPuckett, September 05, 2009, 07:47:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

REPuckett

I just wanted to hop in and say hello to the community.  I am a fromer U.S. paratrooper and combat veteran.  I am a father and husband and I currently work in the law enforcement field.  I have studied psychology, neurology and behavioral science to some extent, from which my atheistic values were derived.  It is hard for me to believe in an archaic religious story when I know that most 'miraculous' experiences in religion can be explained by individual psychology and how the brain simply works.  I am also a writer one Triond.com where I have published a few articles about the psychology of religion.  I actually wrote an article entitled Top 50 Questions Christians Can't Answer.  It has been quite the controversial article.  I actually have proclaimed christians telling me to go kill myself.  It can be quite laughable sometimes.  In fact, I told myself that I wasn't going to drop a link with my initial introduction, but if you would like some entertainment, here ya go: http://socyberty.com/religion/top-50-qu ... nt-answer/ .  Well, once again, hello, and I'm looking forward to conversing with all of you.

McQ

Welcome to the forum, from one U.S. Army Vet (and father) to another! Great introduction, and I'm sure you'll find plenty here to chat about.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

curiosityandthecat

Welcome! Always good to have, as McQ said, another member who served. (Not that I did; I'm just saying, hah.)  :D
-Curio

skurry

Welcome... thank you for the link!