News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Game: The Next Person... (true or false)

Started by Amicale, May 21, 2012, 10:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Not only that, but I share things that I do not know.

TNP swims on a regular basis in the summer.

Biggus Dickus

Yes. Yes. Yes.Yes, and Yes.

TNP if given the option of having to choose either A or B would definitely choose option A because option B would be akin to Water Boarding.

Scenario: Your car stereo is broke, and although JJ has the tools and means to fix it he can only make it work in one of two ways.

A) Plays continuous Christmas music only
B) Plays continuous music by the group ABBA.

Oh, and JJ is really not that good at repairing things, so he also can't figure out how to turn the sound/power off or adjust the volume so if your driving your listening to whatever it plays.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Bluenose

True.  After I finished high school, I worked for my uncle for about three months over Christmas and the New Year during which period my cousin was given a cassette player and three ABBA tapes.  I still get the quivers when I hear an ABBA song...

TNP would rather pull their own head off than listen to a whole ABBA album
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Tank

Quote from: Bluenose on August 16, 2019, 07:35:45 AM
True.  After I finished high school, I worked for my uncle for about three months over Christmas and the New Year during which period my cousin was given a cassette player and three ABBA tapes.  I still get the quivers when I hear an ABBA song...

TNP would rather pull their own head off than listen to a whole ABBA album

False!!! I love ABBA!

TNP is horrified by the fact that ABBA is loved?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bluenose

True.  I don't even like that movie Mamma Mia

TNP is over all this ABBA talk and would much rather listen to Pink Floyd

GNU Terry Pratchett

Bad Penny II

False, that's an unOztralian attitude.
QuoteWhen I lived in Porpoise Spit, I used to sit in my room for hours and listen to ABBA songs. But since I've met you and moved to Sydney, I haven't listened to one Abba song. That's because my life is as good as an Abba song. It's as good as Dancing Queen.

The Np would like to see Pink Floyd cover some ABBA tunes.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Ecurb Noselrub

True, and here it is:

"We don't need no ABBA tunes"
"We don't need no Dancing Queen"
"No Mama Mia, or Fernando"
"And especially, no I Have A Dream"

"Hey, DJ, leave them songs alone"

"All in all it's just another Voulez-Vous"

(I guess this is more like Weird Al covering Pink Floyd with an ABBA twist, but close enough.)

TNP fancies himself/herself a song writer.

Dark Lightning

Sort of true. I could be a good lyricist, depending on your taste in words. One thing I used to do when I rode my bike all over my home town was to make up new lyrics to songs I know. Willie Nelson's "On the Road Again" gets bastardized with "on the toad again", with lines like, "Getting batrachotoxin with my friends, I can't wait to get back on the toad again", etc. Meter is a little off here, I'm recalling that the "getting" had a better fit, but damned if I can remember the old word. It's been years since I've thought about it, same for riding my bike. I got hit by some jerk who was texting but didn't stop. Fortunately it was only the handlebar, but it put me off riding.

TNP has licked a poison toad.

jumbojak

False, but a long dead friend once made tree frog tea. It was an unpleasant experience all the way around.

TNP believes I could at least fix a damn radio.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Bluenose

True, can't everybody?  I mean I designed and built my own radio transmitter once and that wasn't hard...

TNP prefers the lovely warm glow of a transmitting tube to the cold hard efficiency of a solid state front end

GNU Terry Pratchett

Magdalena

Quote from: Bluenose on August 16, 2019, 11:38:16 PM
True, can't everybody?  I mean I designed and built my own radio transmitter once and that wasn't hard...

TNP prefers the lovely warm glow of a transmitting tube to the cold hard efficiency of a solid state front end
True.
I also prefer the lovely warm glow of a transmitting tube to the cold hard front end.  :shifty:

TNP prefers the cold hard efficiency of a solid state front end to the lovely warm glow of a transmitting tube.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Bad Penny II

True.
The Np envies the days when you could take the back off and go ah ha, that tubes dark, I'll replace it.
The latest Fred Flintstone episode wouldn't be missed, the children would cheer and your wife would bring you a beer.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Bluenose

True.

TNP realises that an old valve (tube) type TV set did not contain any transmitting tubes.

This^ circuit has a transmitting tube, a dual beam tetrode

GNU Terry Pratchett

Ecurb Noselrub

Sure, why not.

TNP believes that if it is on TV, it is factual.

Dark Lightning

False. Much (not all) of it has some sort of bias in it.

TNP knows that tubes are voltage amplifiers and that transistors are current multipliers.