News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Bad Penny II

Should this thread be renamed?
I mean, in terms of bullshit who outranks him?
I don't know how to word it, maybe: Really Big Biggest King of Bullshit Ever
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Recusant

It was a historical reference--the OP links to a piece examining Trump's authoritarian tendencies and those of his supporters.

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Recusant on July 18, 2018, 12:58:40 PM
It was a historical reference--the OP links to a piece examining Trump's authoritarian tendencies and those of his supporters.

OK, I didn't and don't really expect to change the name of the thread but I'm still going offer and invite options.

The Flabbergastery

Bad Penny II

Is it still a thing that parents tell their (male) kids they can grow up to be president?

Excellent, I can buy lease a series of stunning East European wives fuck up repeatedly and just roll on  :) :) :)

joeactor

Quote from: Dave on July 18, 2018, 06:05:44 AM
Quote from: Icarus on July 18, 2018, 01:10:49 AM
As ever the Brits are inventive and sometimes outspoken despite their gentile and respectable heritage.  See here.....https://extranewsfeed.com/30-nasty-british-nicknames-for-donald-trump-you-wont-be-hearing-on-the-bbc-6a99e294856b

I do belive he missed "Tangerine Turd".

Oh, can I offer, "America's Embarrassment"?

How about, "Tangerine Toad"? (I do like aliterations). So, "Orange Orifice" . . . "America's Asshole" . . . "Tangerine Twat" . . .

Or "Mango Mussolini"

Dave

Quote from: Bad Penny II on July 18, 2018, 01:30:55 PM
Is it still a thing that parents tell their (male) kids they can grow up to be president?

Excellent, I can buy lease a series of stunning East European wives fuck up repeatedly and just roll on  :) :) :)

It's all part of The Great American Fantasy Dream.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dave

Well, judging on Dump's past performance with NK . . . Could be that the exchance of rhetoric (hoping that's all it is) between him and Iran's Rouhani could mean they will be the best of buddies in a few months.

QuoteUS President Donald Trump and Iranian President Hassan Rouhani have traded hostile warnings, amid rising tensions between the two countries.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44919772

Dave

The Orange Dumpster is trying even harder to dump Mueller - the fox must be getting too close to where the chickens roost.

Sessions, due to his own rather suspect actions, has "redacted" himself from the matter, for fear of being accused of having conflict of interest? So his deputy might have the job - poisoned chalice?

Any ideas on what the effect on the split in public opinion might be if the Russia probe is dropped in this way? An even bigger rift? Are there enough still honourable Republicans, in and out of Congress, to split that party seriously at such an act of White House power over such an important investigation?

Recusant

There have been no indications that Rosenstein (Sessions' deputy, Mueller's supervisor due to Sessions recusing himself) is amenable to shutting Mueller down. For several months there has been speculation that if it comes down to it, Trump would fire Rosenstein in order to get somebody in a position to close the Mueller investigation. A similar action by Nixon not only didn't work, but perhaps hastened the end of his presidency.

Personally I want Trump to stay in office until at least the last year of his term. Pence wouldn't be an improvement in my opinion; perhaps he'd be worse than Trump. However, if he becomes president late in Trump's term under the shadow of a Trump disgrace, he wouldn't have time to do much more damage, and would be very unlikely to get elected.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Ecurb Noselrub

Oddly, Sessions turns out to be providing a valuable service.  I can't believe he has stayed there, but his presence, and his apparent loyalty to his own staff, have shielded Mueller's investigation.  Another AG might not have hung in there.  I don't agree with most of his stances, but at least he has protected Rosenstein, and therefore Mueller.

Tank

Quote from: Recusant on August 01, 2018, 10:59:29 PM
There have been no indications that Rosenstein (Sessions' deputy, Mueller's supervisor due to Sessions recusing himself) is amenable to shutting Mueller down. For several months there has been speculation that if it comes down to it, Trump would fire Rosenstein in order to get somebody in a position to close the Mueller investigation. A similar action by Nixon not only didn't work, but perhaps hastened the end of his presidency.

Personally I want Trump to stay in office until at least the last year of his term. Pence wouldn't be an improvement in my opinion; perhaps he'd be worse than Trump. However, if he becomes president late in Trump's term under the shadow of a Trump disgrace, he wouldn't have time to do much more damage, and would be very unlikely to get elected.

As you say Pence could do more damage that Trump.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

joeactor

Donald J. Trump does have a genius quality to him...

He never explains anything he says or does. He lets others do it for him.

Can it be that simple?

http://www.joesdump.com/2018/08/06/genius-trump/

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Tank on August 02, 2018, 08:04:58 PM
Quote from: Recusant on August 01, 2018, 10:59:29 PM

As you say Pence could do more damage that Trump.

But he would never be re-elected. He would not excite the Trump base, and he really has no national appeal.  He's kinda colorless.

Icarus