News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

James Belvior Checking In

Started by James Belvoir, October 24, 2011, 07:39:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ildiko

You (well okay, we) are all very naughty atheists. Here's poor James, made one post less than 12 hours ago, and already his Intro thread has descended into chaos.

Come back James - it must be morning in Oz by now.

Whitney

I would like to hear how James describes ID.  If he's just the god kicked started everything type then that's not nearly as out there as the ID created just because fundamentalist US Christians were pissed that they couldn't teach creationism in school.

Depending on to what degree he thinks the I and D are involved then it may become more believable that a degree in biology was achieved.  But, James, keep in mind that no one here will care if you have a degree if your knowledge of the subject is faulty.

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Attila

Quote from: Whitney on October 24, 2011, 06:18:14 PM
I would like to hear how James describes ID.  If he's just the god kicked started everything type then that's not nearly as out there as the ID created just because fundamentalist US Christians were pissed that they couldn't teach creationism in school.
I think we may be dealing with exactly this latter situation. Substitute "Australian" for "American". The University of New South Wales (UNSW) was involved in a campaign to prevent distribution of an ID DVD "Unlocking the mysteries of life" to Australian schools.
http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2005/s1447202.htm
I have ...uh... procured the dvd and it's hard core ID stuff. You can view as much as you can stomach on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_snXUs-31Lk

Tank

Quote from: Attila on October 24, 2011, 06:32:56 PM
Quote from: Whitney on October 24, 2011, 06:18:14 PM
I think we may be dealing with exactly this latter situation. Substitute "Australian" for "American". The University of New South Wales (UNSW) was involved in a campaign to prevent distribution of an ID DVD "Unlocking the mysteries of life" to Australian schools.
http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2005/s1447202.htm
I have ...uh... procured the dvd and it's hard core ID stuff. You can view as much as you can stomach on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_snXUs-31Lk
An interesting bit of detective work there.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

McQ

Tank, can you tell me where my missing sock is?
;D

Good job on the detective work. I'm still trying to figure out what the "w" stands for in "www".   :)

Oh, and welcome to James/David/Belvoir/Belvior. Good luck!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Asmodean

Quote from: McQ on October 24, 2011, 08:26:13 PM
Good job on the detective work. I'm still trying to figure out what the "w" stands for in "www".   :)
Me too. It would make much more sense if there was at least an "ø" there. wøwø, for instance. Perfect.  8)
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

;D

I could tell you where your sock is... but I would have to kill you afterwards  ;D
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

McQ

Quote from: Tank on October 24, 2011, 09:09:47 PM
;D

I could tell you where your sock is... but I would have to kill you afterwards  ;D

Damn. I like those socks, too. Life is so unfair!

--Penn Jillette

Asmodean

Quote from: McQ on October 24, 2011, 09:40:27 PM
Despair not! We could combine our sock forces and divide them evenly. One sock from me and one from you makes a pair, right..? Well, I have tens of lonely socks  ;D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

McQ

Quote from: Asmodean on October 24, 2011, 09:47:01 PM
Quote from: McQ on October 24, 2011, 09:40:27 PM
Despair not! We could combine our sock forces and divide them evenly. One sock from me and one from you makes a pair, right..? Well, I have tens of lonely socks  ;D

Hell yeah!

And as often as I end up wearing unmatched socks anyway, I'd never know the difference.
--Penn Jillette

Asmodean

Quote from: McQ on October 24, 2011, 10:01:54 PM
And as often as I end up wearing unmatched socks anyway, I'd never know the difference.
I only seem to own unmatched socks. If the color fits, the size doesn't. If the shape is the same, the color is wrong. Always something. Sneaky, those sock aliens.  ???
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 25, 2011, 01:56:16 AM
I'm guessing there's no comfy chairs involved...
No, there could be.

You see, the possible applications of a comfy chair are... Well, limitless.  8)

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 25, 2011, 01:56:16 AM
{snip}
I'm guessing there's no comfy chairs involved...
That is terrifyingly insightful! Are you sure we've never shared a forum before?