Started by Ex-Muslim, April 28, 2010, 11:30:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ex-Muslim

hello everyone

i'm arabian human .. left the religion that i Inherited from my parents

because alot of reasons .. Including

- i believe that the goal of Punishment is reform
so i don't think that there is any reform in the immortal fire

- Error in the application (Acts of Muslims and And terrorist events) . is Error in theory (religion - islam)
Especially that the person who Initiated this religion is the creator of human minds and surely he know the Differences in thinking among people
i'm Ex-Muslim from Egypt ..and I tend to atheism
my english is not good enough. so i use google translation

Logikos

Welcome Ex-Muslim,

I'm glad you are free from the shackles of Islam.   :)  Do your family know?

Logikos

Ex-Muslim

Of course not

it's so hard here

Quotei'm glad you are free from the shackles of Islam

thank you Logikos

Logikos

Quote from: "Ex-Muslim"Of course not

it's so hard here

Quotei'm glad you are free from the shackles of Islam

thank you Logikos
That's what I guessed.  :(   It must be so hard not being able to be yourself - I hope you can do that here on the forum and be able to express your thoughts and feelings.

pinkocommie

Welcome to the forum.  :)
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

elliebean

Hello and welcome, Ex-Muslim!

I hope you enjoy the forum.   :)
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

philosoraptor

Sounds like you have a long struggle ahead of you.  'Coming out' to a family who is still religious is no easy feat, and I wish you luck.  Aside from that, welcoem to HAF.
"Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
-Muse

elliebean

Quote from: "philosoraptor"'Coming out' to a family
I didn't get the impression Ex-Muslim has any intention of 'coming out' and I don't blame him (or her?).
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

philosoraptor

Quote from: "elliebean"
Quote from: "philosoraptor"'Coming out' to a family
I didn't get the impression Ex-Muslim has any intention of 'coming out' and I don't blame him (or her?).
I mean coming out in terms of telling them about his religious choices.  Even if he never does tell them, it's hard to deal with keeping it a secret, too.
"Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
-Muse

Logikos

Quote from: "philosoraptor"I mean coming out in terms of telling them about his religious choices.  Even if he never does tell them, it's hard to deal with keeping it a secret, too.
Are you aware of the consequences of being known as an atheist in an Islamic community?

pinkocommie

Quote from: "Logikos"
Quote from: "philosoraptor"I mean coming out in terms of telling them about his religious choices.  Even if he never does tell them, it's hard to deal with keeping it a secret, too.
Are you aware of the consequences of being known as an atheist in an Islamic community?

I'm not terribly familiar with Egyptian Islamic culture, but isn't honor killing a real concern with more fundamentalist believers?  Atheists whose families are Christian are often concerned about being open about their lack of belief out of fear of being shunned, but the threat of death is pretty low.  I may just be assuming way too much based on very little information, but the threat of being killed when you are an atheist in an Islamic culture is far greater isn't it?
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Logikos

Quote from: "pinkocommie"
Quote from: "Logikos"

I'm not terribly familiar with Egyptian Islamic culture, but isn't honor killing a real concern with more fundamentalist believers?  Atheists whose families are Christian are often concerned about being open about their lack of belief out of fear of being shunned, but the threat of death is pretty low.  I may just be assuming way too much based on very little information, but the threat of being killed when you are an atheist in an Islamic culture is far greater isn't it?
It depends on the country and the particular community (from what I've heard from various Muslims) but suffice it to say that it's a much bigger deal than being shunned by a fundamentalist Christian family.

Ex-Muslim

Thanks for the welcome

Here is a complex

In my country Egypt there is a law called blasphemy and punishable by imprisonment of 3 years .. Even if it is to know that I discussed in religions with scorn, and particularly Islam will be the fate prison ..
If you are married will be to differentiate between you and your wife

QuoteI mean coming out in terms of telling them about his religious choices. Even if he never does tell them, it's hard to deal with keeping it a secret, too.

you are right .

what can i do  :(

Heretical Rants

The best thing would be to get rid of the blasphemy law...