News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

First!

Started by Wrath, July 09, 2012, 02:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wrath

Wrath

Quote from: markmcdaniel on July 09, 2012, 04:42:30 AM
I will also add my welcome. I was also an Episcopal alter boy.You will find that we are all nice frendly sharks here. Excuse me while I go sharpen my teeth.
I'll try not to flounder about like a seal. Nice to meet you!

*Cough* Only one more! *Cough*

Tank

Hello Scott

Well you've made your 10 posts, and very good they were to, so you're free to roam the board.

Welcome to HAF  ;D

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 09, 2012, 04:34:02 AM
Hi, welcome. :)

I think we try to encourage differing opinions here, for the most part. Things get a bit heated sometimes, but attacking each other isn't allowed. I was also an altar, um, child when I was little, though I was raised in the Catholic church.

Puddin' is also correct -- he does have the best hats.
Please tell me you have a photo of that you must have looked utterly adorable!!!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

OldGit

Welcome, Wrath.  You'll find this place ideal for a bit of civilised argument.  Just beware of the Pudding, the Asmo and take no notice of anything I say.  ;)

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

Welcome.  I look forward to hearing about the non liberal aspects of your political views in the future, as they happen to be 2 of the main views when concerning us liberals.
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

Ali

Hi Wrath!  Welcome!  I think you'll find some diversity of thought here (Scissorlegs is our resident fat cat conservative; not sure how he feels about abortion though.)  I hope you enjoy your time here.

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Wrath on July 09, 2012, 02:37:00 AM
Hi everybody! Nice to meet you.

My name is Scott. I am a student, a Californian, a queer, and a heathen. I wanted to meet more atheists and tried out a different forum prior to this one but some of the people there were extremely rude and attacked me over one of my opinions without even discussing it rationally.

Hi Scott.  Welcome to HAF.  I'm not a student, I am a Californian, I'm not a queer nor a heathen, though I am sinful and probably more sinful than most of the good people here at HAF.

I know you'll find this place a joy.  I do, and I'm an outsider here.  ;)

Siz

Quote from: Ali on July 09, 2012, 07:02:32 PM
Hi Wrath!  Welcome!  I think you'll find some diversity of thought here (Scissorlegs is our resident fat cat conservative; not sure how he feels about abortion though.)  I hope you enjoy your time here.

Abortion? Well, there's definitely a market, and potential to make money there, so fine by me  :D

Hi Wrath.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Stevil

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on July 09, 2012, 07:06:50 PM
I'm an outsider here.  ;)
I call BS on this. AD has been part of the Happy family for years.

Tank

My name is Scott. I am a student, a Californian, a queer, and a heathen. I wanted to meet more atheists and tried out a different forum prior to this one but some of the people there were extremely rude and attacked me over one of my opinions without even discussing it rationally.

Hi Scott.  Welcome to HAF.  I'm not a student, I am a Californian, I'm not a queer nor a heathen, though I am sinful and probably more sinful than most of the good people here at HAF.

I know you'll find this place a joy.  I do, and I'm an outsider here.  ;)
More passive aggressive goading and rudeness AD what a surprise.

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Tank on July 09, 2012, 09:36:25 PM

Hi Scott.  Welcome to HAF.  I'm not a student, I am a Californian, I'm not a queer nor a heathen, though I am sinful and probably more sinful than most of the good people here at HAF.

I know you'll find this place a joy.  I do, and I'm an outsider here.  ;)
More passive aggressive goading and rudeness AD what a surprise.

Not meant as such, but you're the boss.  It is as you say.

Asmodean

Well, hello...

I dislike the idea of legalizing cannabis and think abortion should be encouraged in many cases. I think I may find you interesting.  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

AnimatedDirt

Scott...if you took my post as passive aggressive, I apologize.  It was hardly meant in that manner.  I was being honest in that I feel I am certainly more of a sinner than some of the good atheists I've met here at HAF.  It's to my own shame.

Since it came off to our moderator as passive aggressive, I whole-heartedly offer my apology.

Welcome to HAF.  I know you'll like the people here and enjoy their company.

Asmodean

Oh, and don't mind the everyone-but-Asmo-seems-to-have-a-bad-day day. Usually, the situation is quite the opposite
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.