News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Dawkins writes book for Children

Started by DeterminedJuliet, September 09, 2011, 04:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 08, 2017, 11:59:34 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 01, 2017, 04:39:00 PM
Quote from: SisterAgatha on December 01, 2017, 04:22:28 PM
It seems highly divisive and politically driven.

Kids minds are just forming. Why would you indoctrinate them with such an offensive idea?

If I were a parent id lobby the local library to remove them from circulation

SisterAgatha

1 month of for trolling. If you come back and continue trolling the next ban will be permanent.

Tanks

How come he/she gets suspended for this and not for pretending to be a celibate catholic nun for 3 mos straight?

SA could have been a comedy catholic nun and been a damn good laugh. It's not the persona that is the issue but the results of the use of that persona. If they try to deliberately troll other members that's the rule they are breaking. The rules are there to protect the members from abuse. Creating a false persona is not necessarily abusive. And to be honest my troll sense exploded on the first post from SA. It sort of perked up when you arrived and is now dozing with one eye slightly open :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

Trolls are fun for a little while, but not as a steady diet. Most of them do not, in the beginning, realize that they are matching wits with people who have faculties that may well be superior to their own. 

The puzzling part of the troll culture is that they appear to enjoy invading a den of hammers while they are nails.   Masochists .................?

AngelOfDeath

i didn't know they had their own culture  :-*

Dave

Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 12, 2017, 05:44:50 AM
Quote from: Icarus on December 11, 2017, 10:55:58 PM
Trolls are fun for a little while, but not as a steady diet. Most of them do not, in the beginning, realize that they are matching wits with people who have faculties that may well be superior to their own. 

The puzzling part of the troll culture is that they appear to enjoy invading a den of hammers while they are nails.   Masochists .................?

Like fungi or bacteria are cultured?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on December 12, 2017, 10:50:46 AM
Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 12, 2017, 05:44:50 AM
Quote from: Icarus on December 11, 2017, 10:55:58 PM

Like fungi or bacteria are cultured?

:lol:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

AngelOfDeath

Dawkins should write a book called "Christmas bedtime stories for children of all ages".  In one chapter he could call "where do little children go when they die" and he could write about the decomposition process in detail, and how you don't really "go anywhere" when you die, and you're just wiped into nonexistence and eternal unconsciousness because you no longer exist.  I just think that would be hilarious.  Would it help the children go to sleep or have them  up all night worrying?   :lol:

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

AngelOfDeath

Just create a mental image of the look of terror as you're reading the dawkins bedtime stories :lol:

dawkins isn't exactly a ray of sunshine :lol:

Magdalena

Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 13, 2017, 07:43:50 PM
Dawkins should write a book called "Christmas bedtime stories for children of all ages".  In one chapter he could call "where do little children go when they die" and he could write about the decomposition process in detail, and how you don't really "go anywhere" when you die, and you're just wiped into nonexistence and eternal unconsciousness because you no longer exist.  I just think that would be hilarious.  Would it help the children go to sleep or have them  up all night worrying?   :lol:

Oh, SisterAgatha, I mean, AngelFromHell, I mean, AngelOfDeath, (sorry), you are so funny!
Or, you could just tell the children about hell. "Would it help the children go to sleep or have them  up all night worrying?   :lol:"

Do you have any children, SisterAgatha, I mean, AngelFromHell, I mean, AngelOfDeath? You talk about them a lot. --"Re: virtuous pedophiles?", "Re: transgenderism" in children,  "Re: Dawkins writes book for Children."

What's up with you?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

AngelOfDeath

Oh brother.  You're insinuating I'm two other users  in one post?  That is a bit paranoid, no?  and why do folks get so upset when other folks poke a little fun at ol' man Dawkins?

Recusant

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
If I should die before I 'wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take.
If I should live another day
I pray the Lord to guide my way.

Matthew, Mark, Luke and John,
Bless the bed that I lie on.
Four corners to my bed,
Four angels round my head;
One to watch and one to pray
And two to bear my soul away.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 14, 2017, 12:05:24 AM
Oh brother.  You're insinuating I'm two other users
No, I only know SisterAgatha, I don't know if you know any AngelFromHell.

and a pedifile all in one post?
No, you did that yourself.

That is a bit paranoid, no? 
No. I don't think you have a licence to make that diagnosis, so your comment is irrelevant.

and why do folks get so upset when other folks poke a little fun at ol' man Dawkins?
Who is upset, specifically?

...And you didn't answer my question.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Recusant on December 14, 2017, 12:11:10 AM
Four corners to my bed,

This is one scary bed. That's too many people in one room.  :worried:

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Recusant on December 14, 2017, 12:11:10 AM
Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
If I should die before I 'wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take.
If I should live another day
I pray the Lord to guide my way.

Four corners to my bed,

I was only taught the first 4 lines, no wonder I've always had insomnia.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Recusant

Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 14, 2017, 12:05:24 AM. . . why do folks get so upset when other folks poke a little fun at ol' man Dawkins?

Is it your intent to get "folks" upset by poking fun at Dawkins? If not, can you explain the genuine purpose of your post?
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken