News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on February 09, 2019, 01:47:28 AM
Don't you have a three day weekend? Stay up until sunrise and then sleep during the heat of the day.

I think that's what's going to end up happening.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

I think I hear an ocarina calling your name...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on February 09, 2019, 03:53:42 AM
I think I hear an ocarina calling your name...

:grin:

I've really got to get round to playing that game.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

I slipped and fell on some ice yesterday and at first I didn't think it was a big deal, but I am so sore today.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

Stretch, stretch, and when you think you're good stretch some more for good measure.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Buddy

I've been stretching and alternating hot and cold on the sore spots. I made my mom take a look because I was paranoid I broke my tailbone.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

The damn furnace went out again. It's an easy fix and I can hand start it for now but the part to get it back in working order won't arrive until Tuesday. Why, oh why, don't I stock capacitors?

Dark Lightning

Starting caps should be fairly robust. I've never changed one in the furnace, and only once on the AC compressor, in 16 years that I've lived here.

jumbojak

This furnace is a 1994 model, so it's probably time. I also need to vacuum in there. I've seen much, much worse but it's pretty dusty.

Tank

Quote from: Dark Lightning on February 17, 2019, 04:32:41 PM
Starting caps should be fairly robust. I've never changed one in the furnace, and only once on the AC compressor, in 16 years that I've lived here.

Famous last words!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

IK,R? At least the AC caps won't pop before sometime in April. The heater, maybe. It's running right now, which is unusual here. It's been pretty cold the last couple of weeks. In fact, we had freezing last week. it ain't the coldest winter on record around here, but it's up (down?) there for one of them.

jumbojak

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

Fifteen. He has had breathing problems his entire life.