News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Is there any relaible historical evidence a man named even Jesus existed?

Started by Curt, August 20, 2017, 03:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MariaEvri

I have read an excellent study on the Greek atheist website that analyses all mentions of jesus both biblical and not. The conclusion is: Jesus is 100% mythical
Unfortunately it's in GReek so I won't link
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Arturo

Quote from: MariaEvri on August 21, 2017, 06:46:29 PM
I have read an excellent study on the Greek atheist website that analyses all mentions of jesus both biblical and not. The conclusion is: Jesus is 100% mythical

I think some web browsers can translate websites. I know google chrome does.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Arturo on August 21, 2017, 07:07:00 PM
Quote from: MariaEvri on August 21, 2017, 06:46:29 PM

I think some web browsers can translate websites. I know google chrome does.

Yes.

Please link it Maria, I'm curious now. :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

MariaEvri

www.poseidonsimons.com

MariaEvri

www.poseidonsimons.com

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Curt

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on August 20, 2017, 11:59:20 PM
Quote from: Velma on August 20, 2017, 10:46:05 PM
If your worry is celebrating Christmas, you have nothing to worry about. The roots of Christmas go back to long before Christianity. Many cultures have had celebrations around the time of the Winter Solstice. Christians were yet one more group to put their spin on the festival.

Beat me to it -- I was going to point out that it's basically an assortment of pagan holidays that some people threw a few Christ-y words at.  Flick those off and, ta da!, pagan festival.  You can do nearly the same thing with Easter, tho the Xtians did get more dug in to that one.

As for the historical Jesus, it depends on which religious scholar you talk to.  Plenty of Xtian religious scholars no longer believe Christ was historical, and plenty still do.  I tend to think of him as like King Arthur or Robin Hood.  There was probably a guy, or several guys, doing something like that and got telephone-gamed into the Christ.  Unless Scorsese's film "The Last Temptation of Christ" was right and Xtianity was entirely the invention of Paul.

Thanks for the info.  I guess I can always celebrate Christmas as a winter solstice type tradition.  Or if I did think there was a man named Jesus but he was not a God I could celebrate it like Martin Luther King day or Presidents day.  Just celebrate a great man