News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niya

Quote from: Amicale on August 15, 2013, 04:18:17 PM
Quote from: bigredfan on August 15, 2013, 02:34:20 PM
Quote from: Niya on August 15, 2013, 12:06:17 PM
"You and me" by Lifehouse.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac3HkriqdGQ

Love Lifehouse.  Jason Wade's raspy voice definitely makes them sound cool.  His voice also has quite a span.

I've loved this song for as long as it's been out. ;D And now it's delightfully stuck in my head. I got into Lifehouse a long time ago and still enjoy them!

*wanders off singing... Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do and nothing to lose... It's you and me and all of the people and I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off of you..."

its such a lovely song, Ami, so romantic.  :). I also loves Jason's rendition of, "you belong to me".
Not that anyone cares what I say, but the Restaurant is on the other end of the universe." –Marvin
-----
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Asmodean

A compilation of suicide songs
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Niya

Not that anyone cares what I say, but the Restaurant is on the other end of the universe." –Marvin
-----

Amicale

Quote from: Niya on August 15, 2013, 04:20:38 PM

Love Lifehouse.  Jason Wade's raspy voice definitely makes them sound cool.  His voice also has quite a span.

I've loved this song for as long as it's been out. ;D And now it's delightfully stuck in my head. I got into Lifehouse a long time ago and still enjoy them!

*wanders off singing... Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do and nothing to lose... It's you and me and all of the people and I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off of you..."

its such a lovely song, Ami, so romantic.  :). I also loves Jason's rendition of, "you belong to me".

I love that one, too! I also really like "Everything", "Whatever It Takes", and "Hanging by a Moment".

Thinking of this stuff brings me back to my teenaged years very sharply. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing! ;)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Asmodean

Quote from: Niya on August 15, 2013, 04:56:06 PM
which ones?
Avenged Sevenfold - I Won't See You Tonight
KoRn - Alone I Break
KoRn - Hollow Life
Pain - Expelled
Simple Plan - Untitled
My Chemical Romance - The Ghost of You
Marilyn Manson - Coma White

...It's a long list. I can add more if you want.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

bigredfan

...and your avatar seems to be dancing to this song (just a little off beat) ;D
Education is a progressive discovery of one's ignorance

(Will Durant)

bigredfan

Also early Raveonettes' stuff once in a while, like this one called "Lust"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_q0_PjLt4k
Education is a progressive discovery of one's ignorance

(Will Durant)

Siz

Spasticus - Ian Drury

Refreshingly in-your-face, head-above-the-parapet stuff from this polio sufferer.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Buddy

I think Zac Brown Band is the only country music that I enjoy listening to. I especially like their collabs with Jimmy Buffett like
Knee Deep. Of course, I like almost anything with Jimmy Buffett.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Sandra Craft

The original soundtrack from The King and I.  I think the beginning of Hello, Young Lovers is where my Anglophilia began:

When I think of Tom
I think about a night
When the earth smelled of summer
And sky was streaked with white
And the soft mist of England
Was sleeping on a hill . . .

I can remember being completely enchanted by that description from the very first moment I heard it as a little girl watching The King and I in a theater with my grandmother. 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Pasta Chick

Quote from: Budhorse4 on August 19, 2013, 04:08:56 PM
I think Zac Brown Band is the only country music that I enjoy listening to. I especially like their collabs with Jimmy Buffett like
Knee Deep. Of course, I like almost anything with Jimmy Buffett.

I love Zac Brown Band.  A local blues record shop got them out to perform during our town's annual festival.  So cool.  Great chill music while we lounged on the beach, watching the sun set and waiting for fireworks.

Niya

Lindsey Stirling playing "River flows in you"
-----

NoHandlebarsAttached

Greydon Square - Black Atheist

Yeah, I listen to rap sometimes.

Siz

Zedd - Spectrum (what sounds like a Skrillex extended mix, but doesn't everything these days!?)

I'll call it hardcore techno pop, but feel free to inform me of the correct pigeonhole...

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Crow

Quote from: Scissorlegs on August 24, 2013, 02:33:03 PM
Zedd - Spectrum (what sounds like a Skrillex extended mix, but doesn't everything these days!?)

I'll call it hardcore techno pop, but feel free to inform me of the correct pigeonhole...

Probably the most apt pigeonholing I have seen so far.
Retired member.