News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Hello, Everyone!

Started by 957, February 01, 2012, 11:36:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello, I'm 957 and I am an agnostic atheist whom is very involved in the religious debate. I have come here to have great conversations, learn, and have some fun. I do make Youtube videos, fitting this theme, if anyone wants to check them out. Also, I'd like to link to some of my Youtube videos to possibly use them as discussion starters. I have read the forum rules and I think that the aforementioned would be just fine but I want to double-check on that. Does anyone have any objections to what I propose?

Buddy

Welcome to the forum 957! Interesting username, how'd you come by it?
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Whitney

Welcome to HAF>

when you get into the more serious area of the forums after your 10 posts you may use your videos as primers; however they should be accompanied by explanatory text that could stand alone for those that may not be able to watch the video (at work, children sleeping, deaf...whatever their reason)

Ali

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

Welcome! You tube videos are great.  I put optimus prime vs. jesus on my facebook! The silence and lack of likes made me laugh more than anything else.
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

Tank

Quote from: 957 on February 01, 2012, 11:36:35 AM
Hello, I'm 957 and I am an agnostic atheist whom is very involved in the religious debate. I have come here to have great conversations, learn, and have some fun. I do make Youtube videos, fitting this theme, if anyone wants to check them out. Also, I'd like to link to some of my Youtube videos to possibly use them as discussion starters. I have read the forum rules and I think that the aforementioned would be just fine but I want to double-check on that. Does anyone have any objections to what I propose?

Hi 957

Get to your 10 posts and you can link to yours (or any) appropriate videos.

Thanks for making the effort to sign up and join in.

Welcome to HAF.

Regards
Chris

Notes for new members.
The Rules.

Users who comply with forum rules will graduate to full membership after 10 posts.
Till that time your ability to post is limited to the "Getting to Know You" section of the forum.
It is our hope that this small restriction improves the overall atmosphere of HAF.

Some threads you might find interesting.
Where did you get your username from?
10 Things About Yourself
Tell us A Bit About Where You're From
Photography
Non-religious pet peeves
Pets...what do you have?
Favorite Song, with video
How to tell your family you are an atheist.*
"Rules for Conducting a Discussion" by Dr. Mortimer J. Adler*

*You will need 10 posts before you can add a post to this thread, but you can read it at any time.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Welcome!

I love YouTube vids, hope you reach your eleventh post soon :)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey