News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What are the User Ranks?

Started by Whitney, May 31, 2009, 04:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 04, 2017, 08:40:54 PM
Quote from: Recusant on October 04, 2017, 02:40:59 AM
However I think that 5000 is a good spot for "Guardian of Reason." ;D

Do you think that because it's the group you're currently in? :P

No. In fact I'm not particularly fond of that user rank, but 5,000 is a sort of landmark and "Guardian" implies a solid position in the community. If a better user rank is proposed for 5,000, I'd have no objections to changing it and moving "Guardian of Reason" up on the list.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Recusant on October 04, 2017, 09:15:59 PM

No. In fact I'm not particularly fond of that user rank, but 5,000 is a sort of landmark and "Guardian" implies a solid position in the community. If a better user rank is proposed for 5,000, I'd have no objections to changing it and moving "Guardian of Reason" up on the list.

I was joking there. :sidesmile: ;)

The way I see it, there is a certain arrogant streak to the rank "Guardian of Reason", but I like it. It's like one of those badges you want to wear, even if you aren't always reasonable.  :shifty:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 04, 2017, 09:53:50 PM
Quote from: Recusant on October 04, 2017, 09:15:59 PM

I was joking there. :sidesmile: ;)

The way I see it, there is a certain arrogant streak to the rank "Guardian of Reason", but I like it. It's like one of those badges you want to wear, even if you aren't always reasonable.  :shifty:
:computerwave:
Yes, that's me.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Recusant

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 04, 2017, 09:53:50 PMI was joking there. :sidesmile: ;)

Yep, I got the humor there, and should have added a smiley before my reply.  ;)  You've also put your finger on the reason for my feelings about my current user rank.  :cheers:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Icarus

Recusant, your current Avatar is appropriate.  You input does remind me of the many insightful pronouncements of Isaac Assimov.

Recusant

Quote from: Icarus on October 04, 2017, 11:00:56 PM
Recusant, your current Avatar is appropriate.  You input does remind me of the many insightful pronouncements of Isaac Assimov.

You flatter me overmuch, Icarus, but I thank you.  :embarrassed:

I've been an admirer of Asimov since my childhood, and today is one of the days that I celebrate his birthday. Nobody knows precisely on which date he was born, but October 4 is one, January 2 the other.
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Recusant on October 04, 2017, 10:51:43 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 04, 2017, 09:53:50 PMI was joking there. :sidesmile: ;)

Yep, I got the humor there, and should have added a smiley before my reply.  ;)  You've also put your finger on the reason for my feelings about my current user rank.  :cheers:

:whew: For a moment there I thought you thought I was being serious.

Magdalena

We need to come up with ideas:
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 19, 2019, 08:17:06 PM
Quote from: Recusant on May 18, 2019, 04:10:31 AM
Any thoughts on a title for a post count based (16,000+) member group?  :sidesmile:

I'll leave that up to you guys. :grin: Surprise me!  :P

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on May 22, 2019, 11:41:27 PM
We need to come up with ideas:
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 19, 2019, 08:17:06 PM
Quote from: Recusant on May 18, 2019, 04:10:31 AM
Any thoughts on a title for a post count based (16,000+) member group?  :sidesmile:

I'll leave that up to you guys. :grin: Surprise me!  :P

:worried: uh oh...

:P

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

No one

What would nearly double that be then?

Lionel/Lucy loose lips?
Windbag?

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

No one

Bad Penny II

Post Captain is/was a thing.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Magdalena

Diagnosis: No 'God spot' in this brain's temporal lobe.

Rational arguments, yeah, I got them.

No, not going through a stage.

King Kong ain't got sh*t on me.
:grin: