News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

A Game of Thrones (Full of spoilers!)

Started by Sandra Craft, May 28, 2012, 10:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Father Bruno on August 23, 2017, 06:14:59 PM
I think this is the most popular thread on the forum, and since I don't watch the show I can't participate in it, so I feel left out and all alone :waah: :cryandrun:

Guess I'll just go back to the old grumpy thread, talk about boners and such.:weepy:

Someone who doesn't watch GoT! What an exotic creature. :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Pasta Chick

Asmodean Prime

So The Asmo is sort of deployed somewhere obscure to... Well, make the work of a lesser minion allright, thus, He's grumpy and he had to carve out some time to do some important maintenance work at HAF, so while He waits, He will do what He does in this thread.

Disclaimer: May contain some language certain people deem unsafe for kids. In all the usual places.

Season finale. The Asmo approves, if only because most of what He hath called came to fruition.

In no chronological order,

What was The hound referring to? with the big Z? Whoscomingforwhomwherenow?!

Ooh! Ooh! Asmolternative story time! All family friendly 'n shit!  ;D Ok. Ok. So there is Ser MountainZ going all mediaeval-roid-junkie on the poor Hound's ass in a smithy, right? Suddenly, that Gendry kid jumps out and goes like "Motherfucker, FREEZE your big zombie-ass right there!" and the Z goes like "Fool, be real! do you think it wise, crossing blades with a Z?"  and then they be like *WHACK* and *SLASH* and *WOOSH!* around a barrel of swords, so the Z be like "...Fuck me! Who-the-flaming-cuntpickle makes all these?!" and Gendry be like "I do! and I practice with them three hours a day!" and the Z be like "Motherfucker, WHY?!" and he be like "So that when I meet a Z, I *SWOOSH* can KILL it!" and the Z's like "Bitch, you needta' get yourself some pussy, man... Pshh! Saaad." And Gendry's like... Like "Fuck you, you zombified Salami-monster! I has me rugged good looks and a three-inch cock (The Asmo MAY have seen a season of Skins some years back, and He seems to remember what little he saw of it was about Gendry's cock being all tiny) and I can gets me all the pussy I want, MOTHERFUCKER!" and then the Hound, right? He comes to his senses, gets up all sneaky 'n shit and WHACKS the big Z over the head with a wine skin. And then... then... then they all like... Kill each other over the sword chair.

...Yes?  :popcorn:

...Rght. so which dragon got zeeified anyways? (The Asmo has been on deployment, but... A DRAGON for the ZEES! Wee and whatnot. Don't tell me! The one named after the nasty brother, right? Figures. (DO correct me if it was some other dragon - they all look alike to me. Asmos are raging racists like that. Still, I don't see how it could be something more predictable than that one. and did the same actor play Jon Snow daddy? and where did he get his dark eyes and hair and jaw line and what have you from? Fuck them for fucking with genetics and fuck them SIDEWAYS for ruining what could have been great with really sketchy time table.)

So yeah. Xerxes still plots and schemes and Jamie is totally in exile and shit and Xerxes may try to make the Dwarf™ look like a traitor to the Dragon Queen and by the way they so totally had disappointing sex, just like The Asmo thought they might. You know... not the Dwarf™, the other two. The Snow and the Queen.

Speaking of disappointments, I also seem to remember calling Lord Weasel coming to a disappointing end. He SO did, and although I did predict him getting his head cut off... Close enough.

Ser Merc of Fucking Backwater. Him, The Asmo still likes.

Ooh! also, did not Ramsay just chop poor Reek's cock off? Because if he still has them balls, those be the ones what hurt most from getting kicked in. Still, that one is doing better than predicted now. May his death be suitably heroic - no more, no less.

What else happened? Zs be marching... Xerxes... Jamie... Queen One and Two... The Hound and Ser MountainZ... Ah! Yes. Bran and Sam. I don't get why Jon's heritage is being subtly played up in this fashion. He's just as likely to go "Meh. I'm still Ned's kid. 'Sides, I's tapping that fine ass there now, so like... Hush you two!" and Sam be like "Eh." *shrug* and Bran be like "Mnh..." (Sound beyond "Meh") I just hope they don't ruin some well-developed characters, few of such as remain, by making this a disproportionately big deal.

Also, Sansa and Arya dynamic... Nah. Lord Weasel was not that stupid. He would not have walked into that. Not without several episodes worth of backstory. Still, I have come to expect less from the show's creators over this past season, and in that regard, they seem only too happy to oblige. Also, while Sansa has become somewhat interesting, Arya has turned into an insufferable bitch. Off with her head, says The Asmo, but no-one listens...  :sadshake:

Also, I must say that I can't get enough of King Z. He's so... Purpose-driven. Ever noticed that there seems to be no malice or hatred or lust for power in what he does? He's basically... Like a robot, acting according to his programming. I DO hope they don't ruin him in some way!  :(

Well, now that the season is over, The Asmo might puiblish an alternative storyline involving a House Gray, situated in The Great clay pits between the North and the South, led by His LORD Ser The Asmo Gray and His bastard son by a brothel saucer, Asmoclean Clay, may mould befall his rusty turret, that near-do-evil! :rant1: (For the newish sort of member... run a search. Might turn up something. basically, it was Tank) the plot is supposed to explain who He would side with and why, rather than provide any story alteration, so He made His plot glide into the existing world. Also, Ser LORD The Asmo has him a Fire Kiln dragon. It's like a regular dragon, right, only The Asmo's. What, for making His clay golems armoured, you know. Ooh! Ooh! did He tell you He has the power to raise the fallen as Clay Golems? Because He's like... totally secretly a rabbi. Has a funny hat and everything. Fake locks of hair too. So there you have it. Golems. Basically, Clay Zs. Kind of like Ser MountainZ, only way eviller.

xSilverPhinx

Just watched the last episode. :popcorn:

Seriously? Jon's real name is Aegon? :suspicious: Like 'Young Griff' of the Golden Company (the band of mercenaries that Cersei was talking of hiring)?

In the books, the leader of the Golden Company tries to matchmake Dany and Young Griff, who supposedly is Aegon Targaryen, son of Rhaegar and his first wife Elia. Things are getting a little confusing with these divergences from the books.  :sad sigh:

So, Sansa finally learned something after 7 seasons and got rid of Littlefinger. It's a pity though, I would have liked to see some more of his schemes unravel.

Arya is creepy.

Cersei is just as nutcasey as ever.

Good for Theon! See, I knew he was going to somehow try and rescue his sister! :grin:

So the power couple fell in love. How cute. How predictable. How much do you guys want to bet that Dany is going to be pregnant with Jon's *clears throat* Aegon's child in the following season? All that inbreeding can't be good. They would share roughly 25% of their DNA being aunt and nephew, which is the same amount half-siblings share. Not as bad as the 50% non-identical full siblings share (as is customary in the Targaryen bloodline) but still high nonetheless. Considering the Mad King Aerys is ancestor to them both...

Seven seasons gone and still Jon Aegon knows nothing about his parentage. How frustrating.  ::) How will Dany react to it, I wonder?

Ok, so the Army of the Dead just went from being a big problem to holy-fuck-what-in-Westeros-are-we-going-to-do?! All the more reason why they are going to go for the Night King in hopes that everything he turned will die. :notsure: Double die. De-zombify. Decease and desist. Just like when the zombie hunting party killed the white walker in the last episode they all bit the snow for good.

How did Grey Worm and the Unsullied get away from Casterly Rock?

Firebird

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 29, 2017, 06:25:25 AM

This is what's really bugging me. What was that scene all about? Were they about to fight? Were they just coming to tell Jamie to proceed to King's Landing? Did Jamie forget to pay his parking permit? It felt like someone screwed up when editing the episode.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Firebird on August 29, 2017, 10:22:22 PM

This is what's really bugging me. What was that scene all about? Were they about to fight? Were they just coming to tell Jamie to proceed to King's Landing? Did Jamie forget to pay his parking permit? It felt like someone screwed up when editing the episode.

Your guess is as good as mine! :lol:

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 29, 2017, 10:25:04 PM
Quote from: Firebird on August 29, 2017, 10:22:22 PM

Your guess is as good as mine! :lol:

I think that scene was just to show off the Dothraki's precision stampeding.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Father Bruno on August 23, 2017, 06:14:59 PM
I think this is the most popular thread on the forum, and since I don't watch the show I can't participate in it, so I feel left out and all alone :waah: :cryandrun:

Guess I'll just go back to the old grumpy thread, talk about boners and such.:weepy:

I don't see why you can't join in here -- I watched Talking Dead for nearly a year before I started to watching Walking Dead.  Not watching the show didn't interfere with my enjoyment at all.

Which is not to say we won't enjoy a good boner talk here, either.
Sandy

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Asmodean Prime on August 28, 2017, 07:35:41 PM
What was The hound referring to? with the big Z? Whoscomingforwhomwherenow?!

The Hound is still coming for the ex-Mountain to settle the face-burning score.  According to spoilers, this will take place at the (former) Wall.

...Rght. so which dragon got zeeified anyways? (The Asmo has been on deployment, but... A DRAGON for the ZEES! Wee and whatnot. Don't tell me! The one named after the nasty brother, right? Figures.

Yep, that was Viserion who got wighted (or whatever).  I can't tell them apart, either, altho they're supposed to be different colors -- black, green, and cream, if I remember correctly.

Quoteand did the same actor play Jon Snow daddy? and where did he get his dark eyes and hair and jaw line and what have you from? Fuck them for fucking with genetics and fuck them SIDEWAYS for ruining what could have been great with really sketchy time table.)

Yes, it did look like the same actor (Harry Lloyd, for what it's worth) but I don't know if it was.  I've been wondering about the coloring as well, what with Targaryens being silver haired and lavender eyed, and Starks apparently having brown hair and blue eyes (I'm guessing the red-haired Sansa takes after the Tully side).  But they also gave Robb Stark black hair, and I noticed that Arya's brown hair has turned black.  I don't know what the heck is going on.  Mendel would not be happy.

QuoteOoh! also, did not Ramsay just chop poor Reek's cock off? Because if he still has them balls, those be the ones what hurt most from getting kicked in. Still, that one is doing better than predicted now.

Cut it off and, if I'm remembering right, ate it.  Or maybe that's just something I'm thinking Ramsey would have done.  From the looks of things, I guess he took the balls off as well.  Have to admit, I did like that twisted smile on Theon's face when the groin-kneeing didn't produce the desired result.

My favorite moment in the episode was Brienne's "fuck loyalty".  In my opinion Jaime did not play his response sufficiently shocked -- that was a big change of direction for her.
Sandy

Sandra Craft

Sandy

Pasta Chick

Dark features would override pale genetically speaking. The only way to achieve the Targarian silver hair would be pretty hardcore inbreeding. Lilliana Stark was known to have black hair. The reality would likely have been more mixed - one side of my family is blonde and the other is dark brown, so there I sit with hair technically blonde by professional standards but to laymen it's just brown.

What gets me about the whole thing is the emphasis put on Baratheons all having curly black hair in season one. I've been sure Jon was one of Roberts bastards, likely with Lillian, who died before the marriage could be officiated. That's why he cared about him enough to hide him with his best friend Ned, as opposed to dropping him in Flea Bottom with the rest. It makes way more fucking sense than Jon being Targarian and makes for more storyline continuing the Baratheon usurpation of Targarians.

Firebird

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on August 30, 2017, 04:41:35 AM
Cut it off and, if I'm remembering right, ate it.  Or maybe that's just something I'm thinking Ramsey would have done. 

He didn't eat it. There was a scene immediately after cutting it off where Ramsey was eating a sausage, Theon looked at it thinking it was his dick, and Ramey said "Oh come on, I'm not that kind of monster!" or something like that, so that's probably what you're thinking of.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Pasta Chick on August 30, 2017, 12:53:18 PM
Dark features would override pale genetically speaking. The only way to achieve the Targarian silver hair would be pretty hardcore inbreeding. Lilliana Stark was known to have black hair. The reality would likely have been more mixed - one side of my family is blonde and the other is dark brown, so there I sit with hair technically blonde by professional standards but to laymen it's just brown.

Funnily enough both my parents have dark hair and mine is light brown. I don't know how that works but it seems like it's quantitative inheritance, much like skin colour.

QuoteWhat gets me about the whole thing is the emphasis put on Baratheons all having curly black hair in season one. I've been sure Jon was one of Roberts bastards, likely with Lillian, who died before the marriage could be officiated. That's why he cared about him enough to hide him with his best friend Ned, as opposed to dropping him in Flea Bottom with the rest. It makes way more fucking sense than Jon being Targarian and makes for more storyline continuing the Baratheon usurpation of Targarians.

I was also so sure that Jon was Robert's bastard! I thought Ned adopted Jon to protect him from the Lannisters, as if he somehow foresaw that they were  going to seek and kill Robert's bastards after Joffrey was crowned.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Firebird on August 30, 2017, 03:32:00 PM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on August 30, 2017, 04:41:35 AM
Cut it off and, if I'm remembering right, ate it.  Or maybe that's just something I'm thinking Ramsey would have done. 

He didn't eat it. There was a scene immediately after cutting it off where Ramsey was eating a sausage, Theon looked at it thinking it was his dick, and Ramey said "Oh come on, I'm not that kind of monster!" or something like that, so that's probably what you're thinking of.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.  I also think he was that kind of monster.
Sandy