News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

What Atheists think about Homosexuality?

Started by OhCheese, August 05, 2011, 09:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fyv0h

Full support of gay rights. As an American, I find it immensely hypocritical that a country founded as an escape from oppression can so willfully oppress. This is one massive failure in church-state separation.
Jesus freaks out in the street. Handing tickets out for God.
Turning back, she just laughs. The boulevard is not that bad.  ~Elton John

لا إله

WWSDJD - What Would Sammy Davis Jr Do?

Sweetdeath

That's because freedom doesn't exist. This country is dellusional; built on hypocrisy and blood.  America is a disgusting joke.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on September 10, 2011, 02:47:54 AM
That's because freedom doesn't exist. This country is dellusional; built on hypocrisy and blood.  America is a disgusting joke.
America is not a disgusting joke, it's a huge country made up of hundreds of millions of unique people that collctivly have still to get past their 'teenage years'. Because of it's size and geography America has never been invaded or really collectivly threatened. The wars across Europe have bred a collective psyche that has created a realisation that freedom is to be valued, but it comes with responsibility, a combination that too many Americans, in my opinion, don't really appear to appretiate.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crow

Quote from: fyv0h on September 10, 2011, 12:46:21 AM
Full support of gay rights. As an American, I find it immensely hypocritical that a country founded as an escape from oppression can so willfully oppress. This is one massive failure in church-state separation.

I personally think the most hypocritical aspect is those that escaped oppression created segregation which in turn has helped create a lesser form of what they wanted to escape in the first place, which from an outsiders perspective seems to be getting greater.

Quote from: Tank on September 10, 2011, 08:58:03 AM
America is not a disgusting joke, it's a huge country made up of hundreds of millions of unique people that collctivly have still to get past their 'teenage years'. Because of it's size and geography America has never been invaded or really collectivly threatened. The wars across Europe have bred a collective psyche that has created a realisation that freedom is to be valued, but it comes with responsibility, a combination that too many Americans, in my opinion, don't really appear to appretiate.

Totally agree.
Retired member.

fyv0h

Quote from: Crow on September 12, 2011, 02:31:23 AM

I personally think the most hypocritical aspect is those that escaped oppression created segregation which in turn has helped create a lesser form of what they wanted to escape in the first place, which from an outsiders perspective seems to be getting greater.

Therein lies the inherent dangers of church based politics. As they say, history repeats itself.

لا إله

LukevanVeith

Well, for me it's okay, but remember to not disturbing other people. It's your right dude.
As a straight, I suggest you to have a s*x with a girl (even though I never had one). IMO, a "sword" should have it's own place.
No offense :)

Recusant

Quote from: LukevanVeith on September 25, 2011, 09:08:34 AM
Well, for me it's okay, but remember to not disturbing other people. It's your right dude.
As a straight, I suggest you to have a s*x with a girl (even though I never had one). IMO, a "sword" should have it's own place.

Ok, you are straight; would you take the advice of a gay person to have sex with a man? Does that sound like something you might do?

As for not disturbing other people, that can be pretty much impossible, given how easily disturbed some people are.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Will

What do atheists think about homosexuality? This atheist thinks gay people are cool. Considering much of the world is stuck in straights-only mode, to happily and healthfuly live an open gay lifestyle is and expression of one's bravery and honesty. I say kudos to my LGBT brothers and sisters.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Whitney

Did you have to have sex with another man in order to know you are straight?

I'm guessing not.... (see where i'm going with this?)

and, lol, why is "sex" blotted out...this isn't a prude forum nor is sex a curse word; it's a natural action that people do with each other.

fyv0h

Quote from: Crow on September 12, 2011, 02:31:23 AM

Fully supported by biblical text. Still a massive failure in church-state separation.

لا إله

The Magic Pudding

I'm not going to put on my annoying Austrian accent and ask about the use of the word "sword."
It's tempting, but I have to resist as I fear my asking reveals aspects of my psyche best kept hidden.

Asmodean

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on September 26, 2011, 04:27:09 AM
I'm not going to put on my annoying Austrian accent and ask about the use of the word "sword."
It's tempting, but I have to resist as I fear my asking reveals aspects of my psyche best kept hidden.
I wonder what hot and sweaty bedroom action between a reasonably round lump of clay and an equally round genderless pudding would look like...  ???

Hiding aspects of my personality does not make me appear less weird, so I am quite free to muse about such things ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on September 26, 2011, 11:11:05 AM
Quote from: The Magic Pudding on September 26, 2011, 04:27:09 AM
I wonder what hot and sweaty bedroom action between a reasonably round lump of clay and an equally round genderless pudding would look like...  ???

Hiding aspects of my personality does not make me appear less weird, so I am quite free to muse about such things ;D

37 seconds and onwards http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az73J_GlRgY
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank