Ben Carson's Foreign Policy: Spreading Christianity Through The Army

Started by joeactor, November 13, 2015, 03:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeactor

One of Ben Carson's foreign policy advisers, Bill Dees, basically wants to "Evangelize and disciple enlisted U.S. military members throughout their military careers." After he's done converting the US Army to Christianity, it's time to evangelize to the world. Sound familiar?

Oh, and he's also got a few issues with Muslims such as believing they're all involved in terrorism.

Full article here:
http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/11/10/who-is-the-man-behind-ben-carsons-foreign-policy-robert-dees-gop-republican/

Recusant

Dees seems all too willing to ignore a basic principle on which the United States was founded (separation of government and religion), but that's not unusual among the more fervid Evangelical Christians, especially among Dominionists, and his statements definitely sound Dominionist to me. Carson's popularity on the far right seems to be driven in large part by Evangelical Christians, so something like this shouldn't hurt him much.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

joeactor

Quote from: Recusant on November 13, 2015, 05:21:04 PM
Dees seems all too willing to ignore a basic principle on which the United States was founded (separation of government and religion), but that's not unusual among the more fervid Evangelical Christians, especially among Dominionists, and his statements definitely sound Dominionist to me. Carson's popularity on the far right seems to be driven in large part by Evangelical Christians, so something like this shouldn't hurt him much.

It may not hurt him in the primaries, but could have an impact on the general election.

Wonder how many people are nostalgic about the crusades?

Davin

So... I know it gets thrown around too easily in the last twenty or so years but... Gott mit uns anyone?
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Icarus

Holy shit Batman! We got trouble right here in River City. 

If that article bears any truth, we are in trouble. It appears that Robert Dees would persuade President Ben Cason to issue executive orders for all military people to become devout Christians, practice Christian tenets and evangelize or even force the citizenry to become Jesus freaks. 

Does Carson dare to embrace this kind of lunacy during his campaign? Trump could politically burn Carson by jumping on this subject. The smart money may have Trump leave it alone because he would risk coming across as anti Christian, which would surely doom him at the polls.

Several years back there was a scandal involving the faculty at the U.S.  Air Force Academy. It seems that there were many in the faculty that were hard shell Christian types. Those faculty members discriminated against student cadets if they failed to openly praise the lord with sufficient fervor.  The Academy was eventually re-structured to teach more about Military Science and Tactics (MST) and less about Jesus. At least that was the announced intent. We still do not know how spiritually diseased the Academy instructors are. Richard Dees appears to be cut from the same cloth as the Air force people with their militant proselytizing.

One of our words for the day could be: prosopopoeia N, The rhetorical introduction of a pretended speaker or the personification of an abstract thing.   (OG or Recusant, please tell me if I have misinterpreted that obscure word.)