News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Newt wants an open marriage.

Started by Sweetdeath, January 20, 2012, 04:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

www.washingtonpost.com/politics/marianne-gingrich-newts-ex-wife-says-he-wanted-open-marriage/2012/01/19/gIQAJzgwAQ_story.html

"When a liberal talks about values,
will he or she actually like us to
teach American history?" Gingrich
told the women's group. "Will they
actually like young people to learn
that George Washington was an
ethical man? A man of standards, a
man who earned the right to be
father of this country?"
Marianne Gingrich said she was
surprised at the timing. "How could
he ask me for a divorce on Monday
and within 48 hours give a speech
on family values and talk about how
people treat people?" she said.
At the Republican presidential debate
Thursday night, Gingrich responded
directly to his ex-wife's allegations
for the first time, issuing a blanket
denial. "The story is false," he said.

The beauty of the people running (or who want to run) America.
I'm sorry, but is this the marriage thing gay people will ruin because it is so holy? e_e
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Davin

My only problem with this, is that Newt is going around talking about the "sanctity of marraige" which he clearly doesn't believe in, but is willing to prevent same sex marriages anyway.

Otherwise, personal crap is personal crap.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

The Magic Pudding

I'm shocked anyone is talking about this.
You must be thralls of the leftist media.

Sweetdeath

I'm the same way. I don't care what people do personally, but saying same sex marriage with ruin the "holyness" then having a mistress on the side is fucking retarded.

This country is runned by ass backwards morons.  

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

fester30

In last night's debate, John King asked him about it.  Instead of actually answering the question, he said he was tired of the media digging this kind of stuff up on Republican candidates to help President Obama.  In other words, it's the media's fault he wanted an open marriage.  The media wanted to keep him down.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on January 20, 2012, 04:18:01 PM

I heard about this channel surfing and was appauled. Nothing new from republicans. They think themselves godly, but love to cheat and go against their own "morals."

I quoted morals because they are just hypocrits. Haha.

Ali

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on January 20, 2012, 04:18:01 PM

Here's the thing.  I totally agree that I could give two shits about politicians' personal lives.  I think it's rather embarassing that as a country we get so hung up on "sex scandals" - it makes us look like a bunch of children.  Ooooooh, adults sometimes have complicated sex lives....I never would have guessed that!

BUT - I have to say that in the case where someone is preaching about the sanctity of marriage out of the right side of his mouth, and using that as an excuse to deny my fellow citizens equal rights, and then divorcing multiple wives and asking for open marriages out of the left side of his mouth, he deserves to get called on that bs.  It's not even about his sex life so much as it is about his hypocrisy.  If he's going to pretend that he has a right to enforce his "values" on other people, then the very least he can do is live up to those same values. 

Sweetdeath

Ramen to that, Ali.
I could care less about ANYONE'S sex life, but we definitely need to give a fuck about equal rights. We do not have equal rights for all human beings in this country. Not even close.

pytheas

Quote from: Sweetdeath on January 20, 2012, 09:39:06 PM
Ramen to that, Ali.
I could care less about ANYONE'S sex life, but we definitely need to give a fuck about equal rights. We do not have equal rights for all human beings in this country. Not even close.

"marriage" is a fuckup contract. prove your love daily sucker. open marriage is fashion show on some wreck of a relationship

that for the essence
as for the legalities, norms and rights, live and let live. Get killed by sugar above, some need to hear it through their ass
"Not what we have But what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance."
"Freedom is the greatest fruit of self-sufficiency"
"Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little."
by EPICURUS 4th century BCE