News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Concerning Indiana Bill

Started by m.condon, January 16, 2012, 02:07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m.condon

In America I see a progression of religious insinuation into politics. This new bill call for "Allowing the governing body of a school corporation or the equivalent authority of a charter school to provide for the recitation of the Lord's Prayer at the beginning of each school day." Here is the link to the article http://www.usanap.org/news/national-atheist-party-criticizes-bill-as-violation-of-constitutional-rights.html/

This is really upsets me because our public school system and other government institutions should be free from religion in all forms, if you want to pray do it on your own time, no need to interrupt the school day for it. Another state, New Hampshire just proposed legislation that would require science teachers to teach evolution as only one possible theory, and creationism as another possible theory. Young impressionable minds need to be guided in their education and this a blatant form of brain washing

EDIT: Activated link - Tank
Usanap.org
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kMzqSDWbLfo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buddy

Fuck, I live in Indiana.  >:(

If they do that, I'm ad-libbing it to make it as blasphemous as possible.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

m.condon

It was passed and will take effect in July. Its ridiculous how this passed with so little people knowing about it. Even if the child does opt out of the prayer and is allowed to do so, can  you imagine the pressure, possible ridicule and embarassment that comes from being the only kid in the class not praying with everyone. I was that kid, but at a catholic school, they told me if I didnt want to pray I could go to a public school. Apparently thats not even an option anymore
Usanap.org
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kMzqSDWbLfo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buddy

Good thing I don't care what people think of me because I am not praying.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

m.condon

Which was my stance as a kid but thinking of my younger brother being harrassed over something stupid like that breaks my heart. Kids can be cruel, on all sides I admit but they shouldnt be given an opportunity to divide into an us and them situation. Recently another bill was passed that allowed for bullying if it was justified by religious or moral reasons (also in Indiana) so if a kid isnt prayer other kids are allowed to tell him he's going to hell, that his mom is going to hell, that he is dumb etc. It shouldnt be allowed
Usanap.org

Buddy

Quote from: m.condon on January 16, 2012, 10:16:10 PM
Which was my stance as a kid but thinking of my younger brother being harrassed over something stupid like that breaks my heart. Kids can be cruel, on all sides I admit but they shouldnt be given an opportunity to divide into an us and them situation. Recently another bill was passed that allowed for bullying if it was justified by religious or moral reasons (also in Indiana) so if a kid isnt prayer other kids are allowed to tell him he's going to hell, that his mom is going to hell, that he is dumb etc. It shouldnt be allowed

Do you have a link for info on this law? Because that is complete horse shit and shouldn't be allowed.

m.condon

The link in my first post is an article about the Law and here is a link to the actual law itself http://www.in.gov/legislative/bills/2012/IN/IN0251.1.html
Usanap.org

Ecurb Noselrub

When I saw the topic "Concerning Indiana Bill," I thought it was about an action hero like Indiana Jones.  Indiana Bill sounds more like a gunfighter than an archeologist, though.  I would be concerned about a gunfighter named Indiana Bill, and would stay out of his way. 

Buddy

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 20, 2012, 04:23:13 PM
When I saw the topic "Concerning Indiana Bill," I thought it was about an action hero like Indiana Jones.  Indiana Bill sounds more like a gunfighter than an archeologist, though.  I would be concerned about a gunfighter named Indiana Bill, and would stay out of his way. 

Buffalo Bill and Indiana Jone's lovechild?  :P

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 20, 2012, 05:20:57 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 20, 2012, 04:23:13 PM

Buffalo Bill and Indiana Jone's lovechild?  :P

You may be on to something. But who was the mother?

Sweetdeath

Yesh, because American kids aren't misled and under educated as it is.

Definitely looking forward to moving out of country before another crusade arises.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Buddy

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 20, 2012, 08:59:52 PM
You may be on to something. But who was the mother?

Indiana Jones. He wears a purse.