News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Occupy Wall Street

Started by DaemonWulf, October 02, 2011, 04:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

I was listening to "Dr Fitness and the Fat Guy" podcast today...apparently the fat guy took his family to visit one of the occupy locations (didn't catch which one).  Apparently the one he went to was occupied by a lot of people who were in need of showers as he said is smelled like a zoo...he seemed to otherwise be supportive so I don't think he was trying to make them sound bad.   So, someone with the means to do so needs to donate travel showers....I know they make port-o-showers just like they do port-o-potties.

corgilover

I attend college in a small town and my mom wants me to start an Occupy movement in the town. Only problem is that the town is so small that we have no big banks or investment firms around.

Tank

Quote from: corgilover on January 12, 2012, 07:19:54 AM
I attend college in a small town and my mom wants me to start an Occupy movement in the town. Only problem is that the town is so small that we have no big banks or investment firms around.
You could always occupy the front room and demand daily chocolate deliveries!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

m.condon

We tried one in Terre Haute which is a college town but not many showed up and it got no local coverage. I don't think it was advertised properly b/c I didn't even know about it til it was already over. But I had a friend go to one in Portland. Here is his article: http://www.usanap.org/events/portland.html/
It sounds like he was met with the typical violence I have been seeing all over youtube. I was shocked to hear how they treated his wife. Micheal Moore eventually showed up and gave a speech, which I helped bring alot more attention to that section of the movement, making the movement itself more effective.
Alot of my family members hate and criticize the movement, but thats just because they don't fully understand it.
Usanap.org
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kMzqSDWbLfo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pytheas

Blow Up Wall Street
No more bricks in the Wall
"Not what we have But what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance."
"Freedom is the greatest fruit of self-sufficiency"
"Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little."
by EPICURUS 4th century BCE