News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Quote from: Dragonia on June 07, 2018, 04:14:01 AM
Just popping in to say hi to you all. I miss you and the conversations when it's been too long.
And it's so hard to catch up with all of the threads!
Where did Bruno go? I didn't see any posts from him.
Anyway, life has been hard this past month and it's been hard to even think about lighthearted banter, so that's why I've been absent.
....oh, and then I come here and see that Justin, the new guy, lives in the exact spot where all of my heartbreak is coming from. It's a small world. But Hi Justin anyway  :)
I'll try to not be as much of a stranger. Hugs to you all!

You're always welcome here. If you're only able to include this place in your orbit once in a while, so be it. Sorry to hear about the heartbreak.  :sadnod:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Project4Two

Just popping in to say hi to you all. I miss you and the conversations when it's been too long.
Anyway, life has been hard this past month and it's been hard to even think about lighthearted banter, so that's why I've been absent.
....oh, and then I come here and see that Justin, the new guy, lives in the exact spot where all of my heartbreak is coming from. It's a small world. But Hi Justin anyway  :)

I'm Justin. And I'm the new guy. Me?!?

Hello! Even if its not me. And for the record it is a small world and this place can be kind of a dick sometimes. Need me to kick something/somebody? Or at least give a mean intimidating look.

Icarus

Dragonia, more that a few of us care about you.  Please allow me to be near the top of that list.  Keep the faith dear lady....no not that kind of churchy faith stuff.  The faith that you are the master of your fate and the captain of your soul. Alright so I plagiarized lines from Invictus.  You do get the idea? Right? 

jumbojak

Quote from: Project4Two on June 08, 2018, 10:41:48 PM

I'm Justin. And I'm the new guy. Me?!?

Hello! Even if its not me. And for the record it is a small world and this place can be kind of a dick sometimes. Need me to kick something/somebody? Or at least give a mean intimidating look.

If I was closer I'd ride with you. You bring your dog, I bring my dog, and the four of us whip wholesale ass to make things right. Or... just look intimidating, if that's what's required. I can look quite frightening if the right mood strikes me.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

jumbojak

I am completely worn out. Today I had some work I needed to do but couldn't keep going. Every time I got ready to get started I sat down again. This morning I planned on an early start and was out doing a little cleanup at the grinder but kept having to sit back down. Then I took a nap and didn't get to the shop until after two this afternoon.

My nap didn't help much and I kept having to stop, just for a minute, which led to me never getting started on the main job. By four I gave up and went to mama's house for another nap on her couch. I still need to get out there but can't bring myself to do it.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dave

Quote from: jumbojak on June 10, 2018, 11:55:00 PM
I am completely worn out. Today I had some work I needed to do but couldn't keep going. Every time I got ready to get started I sat down again. This morning I planned on an early start and was out doing a little cleanup at the grinder but kept having to sit back down. Then I took a nap and didn't get to the shop until after two this afternoon.

My nap didn't help much and I kept having to stop, just for a minute, which led to me never getting started on the main job. By four I gave up and went to mama's house for another nap on her couch. I still need to get out there but can't bring myself to do it.

JJ, I seriously think you need a nedical check-up.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

Not sure how old you are but it sounds like you have to get this checked out. You may be on the verge of a nervous break down if you continue. You may be under a lot of stress and too much work is on your plate at the moment. You may have to let someone else take over for awhile while you rest and recuperate or the consequences could be far worse than if you try to keep your work ethic.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

jumbojak

Quote from: Dave on June 11, 2018, 04:36:10 AM

JJ, I seriously think you need a nedical check-up.

I would if I could. The only doctor I used to go to isn't an option anymore. That bridge went up in flames weeks ago. Walking back into that office wouldn't end well.

jumbojak

Quote from: Arturo on June 11, 2018, 05:06:49 AM

Not sure how old you are but it sounds like you have to get this checked out. You may be on the verge of a nervous break down if you continue. You may be under a lot of stress and too much work is on your plate at the moment. You may have to let someone else take over for awhile while you rest and recuperate or the consequences could be far worse than if you try to keep your work ethic.

Funny you should men my age. Last week I was training a new person at work and the subject of age came up. She thought I was forty-eight or forty-nine. I had turned thirty-one two days before that conversation!

Arturo

Quote from: jumbojak on June 11, 2018, 01:35:44 PM
Quote from: Arturo on June 11, 2018, 05:06:49 AM

Funny you should men my age. Last week I was training a new person at work and the subject of age came up. She thought I was forty-eight or forty-nine. I had turned thirty-one two days before that conversation!

Young people have a propensity to overestimate an older person's age.

But going back to the subject- you should at least check your vital signs. Take your heart rate.

You can use your wrist or your artery as long as you feel the pulse.
"Gently place 2 fingers of your other hand on this artery. Do not use your thumb, because it has its own pulse that you may feel. Count the beats for 30 seconds, and then double the result to get the number of beats per minute."
source: WebMD https://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/heart-failure/watching-rate-monitor

Your pulse should be between 60 and 100 when you finish. Or between 40 and 60 if you work out a lot like I do. But no less than 40.

You can check your respiratory rate and temperature by yourself. But you'll need a machine for your blood pressure.

I'll give you the source to the wikipedia article on this. It should tell you what the healthy balances are. Although temperature is not mentioned, it should be 36.5–37.5 °C (97.7–99.5 °F).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vital_signs
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

I am concerned that JJ needs more than a pulse check. Blood pressure would be nice, here pharmacies do that for free. An EKG would be better.

Fatigue and shortage of breath came to me before even angina, actually the angina hit during periods of just walking rather than lifting etc.
Early signs were needing a rest and a breather halfway through making the bed.

However, though a high BP is a classical symptom of oncoming heart problems my experience is that low blood pressure, my current problem, has very similar effects - low stamina, shortage of breath and angina. Can be a big job convincing other than my familiar health professionals (still training my new GP) that I tend towards hypotension rather than hypertension.

My current BP is between 90/49 and 99/57 - I am keeping an eye on it, systolic is dropping slowly. Resting pulse is held at 60 by my pacemaker (allowed to rise to 120 on exercise before the implant starts getting seriously interested) and my saturated oxygen runs in the upper 90% range. Got an EKG check with the practice nurse next week but would like a sonograph and/or a MUGA scan, haven't had either for 3 or 4 years.

I have BP monitor, pulse oxymeter, decent ear thermometer etc. Contemplated my own EKG monitor but not sure enough that I could interpret traces safely - ones with built in "smart" analysis software are a bit expensive!

JJ, please be careful and please call for help, somehow, if it starts seriously affecting your life and work.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

Quote from: Dave on June 11, 2018, 03:47:57 PM
I am concerned that JJ needs more than a pulse check. Blood pressure would be nice, here pharmacies do that for free. An EKG would be better.

Shortage of fatigue and shortage of breath came to me before even angina, actually the angina hit during periods of just walking rather than lifting etc.
Early signs were needing a rest and a breather halfway through making the bed.

However, though a high BP is a classical symptom of oncoming heart problems my experience is that low blood pressure, my current problem, has very similar effects - low stamina, shortage of breath and angina. Can be a big job convincing other than my familiar health professionals (still training my new GP) that I tend towards hypotension rather than hypertension.

My current BP is between 90/49 and 99/57 - I am keeping an eye on it, systolic is dropping slowly. Resting pulse is held at 60 by my pacemaker (allowed to rise to 120 on exercise before the implant starts getting seriously interested) and my saturated oxygen runs in the upper 90% range. Got an EKG check with the practice nurse next week but would like a sonograph and/or a MUGA scan, haven't had either for 3 or 4 years.

I have BP monitor, pulse oxymeter, decent ear thermometer etc. Contemplated my own EKG monitor but not sure enough that I could interpret traces safely - ones with built in "smart" analysis software are a bit expensive!

JJ, please be careful and please call for help, somehow, if it starts seriously affecting your life and work.

Stuff like that is what happened right before my psychotic break down that sent me to the hospital for the first time. Mine was mostly stress however and the weed I was smoking was likely just the straw on the camel's back. It was likely going to happen anyways but the weed just speed things up. I had hypertension bordering on heart attack while I was screaming for 3-6 hours. I lost track of time because I blacked out before I ever went to the hospital. I woke up laying down I think while my Dad was on the phone. I remember that as if it were a dream. And then I blacked out again and woke up in a hospital bed while my Dad and Aunts were looking at me while sitting down.

But the physical signs were all there. I just didn't recognize them because I didn't have anything like that before so I didn't know what the signs were prior to that event and several following. Most people don't because schizophrenia is such a rare disease. And psychosis is almost as rare.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dragonia

Maybe you're just getting the flu. But make sure your will is up to date.... y'know, just in case.  :boring:
You are, after all, a ripe old 31!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Dragonia

Oh, and by the way, you guys are awesome. I appreciate the willingness to kick ass or give mean looks.
***Hugs***
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

jumbojak

I was much, much better off today. Didn't sleep a wink last night but had plenty of energy and was actually focused for a change at work. I could've left at eight and only done a ten hour day but decided to close and pulled the full twelve. Lunch wasn't very satisfying, but food hasn't really been good lately and at least I got to eat something.

Tonight could've turned into another dumpster fire but I managed to hold things together and keep everyone else going. My timing was almost perfect and even though my big scheme for the night failed due to an abrupt change everyone was positive for the entire night.