News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

HAF Photo Challenge: Holidays

Started by Recusant, December 01, 2018, 05:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

In a commendably honourable gesture, hermes2015 deferred to Lark to choose the theme for the new photo challenge. She's decided on "Holidays."  :)

As usual, contributors will have a wide latitude in their choice of subject. Doesn't need to be any particular holiday, and given that "holiday" can mean "vacation" in British English, photos that depict those are good, too. Professional house painters use the word to describe a spot or area that a painter has missed or failed to paint properly, so I guess that would work as well, though it's hard to conceive of how a photo of that sort of error would be visually interesting.  ;) Any image that you think fits the theme is welcome!

Up to five photos will be accepted from each member, and entries will be accepted until about the 15th of this month. Please send them to me preferably via PM, or via the email address in my profile: recusantathaf |at| gmail.com.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Good theme, good theme. I haven't had an actual holiday in years though ( :cryandrun: ) so I'm not sure what kind of photos I can submit.  I'm not a painter, so no missed spots from me! :P 

:notsure:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

That is a very topical theme, Lark. I'm sure we will get many entries, so I predict this will put a stop to my streak of lucky wins.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Recusant

Due to the sparse response up till now, I'm going to extend the deadline for submissions for a week or so.  :)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

hermes2015

Quote from: Recusant on December 16, 2018, 07:54:06 PM
Due to the sparse response up till now, I'm going to extend the deadline for submissions for a week or so.  :)

This time of the year should provide plenty of photo opportunities, so get out there with your cameras or phones, everyone.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Sandra Craft

Yeah, until after the New Year would probably be best.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Quote from: Sandra Craft on December 17, 2018, 10:17:42 PM

Yeah, until after the New Year would probably be best.

I second that so if we get any good Christmas photos.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz