Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Gotta love cows, they are so curious.
Not when you are csught in the corner of a farm yard were a hundred large critters are crowding in waiting to be milked!

En nasse, in an enclosed soace, there are frigtening  they live half way between curiosity and flight. Had to persuade a drunk (on cider apples) bullock not to wander out onto the nain road, it wanted to play "catch-me". Big beast with big feet, big horns and a sense of fun . . . Yikes!

When I went fishing as a kid we had to cross a field with cows in it. We learned to sneak until the cows spotted us and the leg it if they did!
Not when you are csught in the corner of a farm yard were a hundred large critters are crowding in waiting to be milked!

En nasse, in an enclosed soace, there are frigtening  they live half way between curiosity and flight. Had to persuade a drunk (on cider apples) bullock not to wander out onto the nain road, it wanted to play "catch-me". Big beast with big feet, big horns and a sense of fun . . . Yikes!
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread
« Last post by Tank on Today at 08:11:23 AM »
These "sneak" charges are getting in everywhere. I suppose that everything has to be paid for but . . .

Reactivated an old online shopping account. I noticed that the card quoted was out of date, so cancelled that and added new card (same type) details.

Final checkout bill showed that I had been charged £5 for a "new card check"!  First time - would go elsewhere for grocery delivery but chances are the habit has spread.

Never heard of that one. Even those well known tax avoiders, named after a South American river don’t do that; not yet at least.

They spend millions on not paying tax. I suspect the irony is lost on them.
Too late Hermes, I already blew my weekly tool budget on Photomatix. :) And, I might've created a few eyeball searing abominations already but the results really impressed me. Not perfect by any means but much more true to the eye than what came out of the camera.

I've noticed that the reds are brought out just a bit too much in the skies. Still need to do some tweaking I guess.

Of course, it is perfectly legitimate to produce over the top effects, provided it is what one intends to do. One man's abomination is another's art.
You did not make a mistake purchasing Photomatix; it is the industry standard. There are lots of colour and other tweaking options you can implement once you know the software well.
Science / Re: All things brain...
« Last post by Tank on Today at 06:32:22 AM »
My little dog Scooter is an Australian Shepherd.  He is 18 years old and stone deaf.  He and I communicate rather well by hand signals alone.  He responds to signals and if he disagrees he will vocalize.  We have that stuff covered and I am proud of his ability to adapt.

One of my previous Aussies was named Sailor.  We were inseparable.  Sailor was so good at signals that a mere movement of my eyes could send him left or right, finger movement could send him in or out.  Sailor left me tearfully heartbroken when he was about eleven.

Eighteen is beyond the life expectancy of most dogs.  Somehow "the Scoot" has hung in there and continues to cost plenty of money for periodic vet bills which I cheerfully pay.  He is my pal. . So far so good.  The little dude is perfectly mobile and remains a chow hound. 

One of these days I will have to do what I have to do with my best friend. I have been a lifetime dog guy but I cannot, in good conscience,  contemplate having another dog.  That is because I do not want to have my next companion feel abandoned because I have died before him or her.  I reckon I could have a Great Dane whose life expectancy is about eight years and I will manage to make it past 96 or more......or not.

You don't have to start with a puppy.
Science / Re: Stephen Hawking says "there is no God" in his last book.
« Last post by Tank on Today at 06:28:20 AM »
It would be quite useful if any theist or deist could provide any evidence whatsoever to support their speculations. But that's theists for you, ask for evidence to disprove gods all the time, can't provide a scrap of their own to support their own assertions.
Ask HAF / Re: Photography technical advice, questions, tips and techniques.
« Last post by Tank on Today at 06:22:55 AM »
Too late Hermes, I already blew my weekly tool budget on Photomatix. :) And, I might've created a few eyeball searing abominations already but the results really impressed me. Not perfect by any means but much more true to the eye than what came out of the camera.

I've noticed that the reds are brought out just a bit too much in the skies. Still need to do some tweaking I guess.
We need some before and after examples.

I wouldn't use proof and evidence interchangeably in any scientific discussion. I see evidence as necessary, but not sufficient to prove anything.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10