News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Non-religious pet peeves

Started by fester30, February 20, 2011, 08:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harmonie

Quote from: Dave on December 04, 2017, 09:45:17 PMPet peeve No. 2: people who stop to greet snd chat with their friends - slap in the middle of the shop door - then look disgusted when I ask them to "Excuse me" - no "please" they don't deserve one!

Yeah, people are really inconsiderate. =/

Reminds me of when I worked overnights at a store and dealt with something similar while trying to stock my aisle. A couple of people would stop and decide to stop and talk for a long time in my aisle. Meanwhile, I was expected to get my work done in some amount of time and they were preventing me from getting my work done. Why'd they have to stop and talk there and not out in the middle of the store?

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Harmonie on December 05, 2017, 03:49:23 AM
Quote from: Dave on December 04, 2017, 09:45:17 PMPet peeve No. 2: people who stop to greet snd chat with their friends - slap in the middle of the shop door - then look disgusted when I ask them to "Excuse me" - no "please" they don't deserve one!

Yeah, people are really inconsiderate. =/

Reminds me of when I worked overnights at a store and dealt with something similar while trying to stock my aisle. A couple of people would stop and decide to stop and talk for a long time in my aisle. Meanwhile, I was expected to get my work done in some amount of time and they were preventing me from getting my work done. Why'd they have to stop and talk there and not out in the middle of the store?

That is a problem I have with people, it's like they lack some common cognizant ability to recognize that other people are sharing the same space with them...like when you are walking along in a mall or on the sidewalk and people in front of you simply come to a complete stop in the middle of the walkway?

I always say when walking in public space to follow the same rules as when you are driving...pass on the left, if you are unsure where you are then pull over to the right (Or vice versa for you English folks)

In fact I'm going to stop here, as I could just go on and on with this.

People, ugh!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

Nowt to do with the thread but Bruno's

QuotePeople, ugh!

reminded me that I had not noticed No One lately (unless he has been on threads I don't usualy read) and ditto Arturo.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dragonia

Quote from: Dave on December 05, 2017, 05:37:09 PM
Nowt to do with the thread but Bruno's

QuotePeople, ugh!

reminded me that I had not noticed No One lately (unless he has been on threads I don't usualy read) and ditto Arturo.
No One has posted, but I was wondering about Arturo the other day, haven't seen anything from him for a long time. I think he got a little peeved a long time ago and since then, I know he's posted, but maybe he backed away a bit.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Tank

Period dramas set before the car became the dominant form of transport and there is a busy city street scene and not a pile of horse dung in sight!!! Seriously, did they wear nappies?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on October 03, 2018, 06:17:21 AM
Period dramas set before the car became the dominant form of transport and there is a busy city street scene and not a pile of horse dung in sight!!! Seriously, did they wear nappies?

Actually, they do make bags that hook to the cart to catch manure. Not sure how recent of an invention they are, but they do exist.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on October 03, 2018, 04:00:55 PM
Quote from: Tank on October 03, 2018, 06:17:21 AM

Actually, they do make bags that hook to the cart to catch manure. Not sure how recent of an invention they are, but they do exist.

Yes I have seen them. But if you look at original movies with horses the streets have a fair covering and piles of dung. :grin:
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Buddy

Yeah. I read an article recently that actually covered how cities had so many issues with what to do with the amount of manure and deceased livestock. It was actually pretty fascinating. Definitely makes you appreciate the relatively sanitary lifestyle we have nowadays.

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

I'm sitting right in front of a coffee dispenser and it only takes coins. Who even carries money around these days? And coins?!

It's right there...*reaches and sobs*
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 22, 2018, 07:01:59 PM
I'm sitting right in front of a coffee dispenser and it only takes coins. Who even carries money around these days? And coins?!

:rofl:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on October 22, 2018, 07:03:56 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 22, 2018, 07:01:59 PM

:rofl:

Those people obviously don't want to make money. No slot for plastic cards, no brains in the engineers who designed the machine.  :sulk:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Essie Mae

I always have about a fiver in coins or a note because a particular coffee shop and a greetings card shop I use refuse any card payment for under a £. I also prefer to pay for car park with cash rather than a card.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare