News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Regression into Christanity

Started by Siz, October 23, 2015, 03:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

Quote from: Essie Mae on April 04, 2016, 11:02:31 PM
Well I don't see why anyone should be contemptuous of us Londoners; I can be both nice and snide, and I have never met a northerner who was stinky.  I did know a Lancastrian once and she was always going on and on about how wonderful it was.  I got so fed up with it that I asked her, quite innocently why she didnt go back there.  Its the only time in my adult life that I had a friendship terminated, but I didnt mind. 

I have a lovely aunt and uncle in Selsey who I visit several times a year.

My dad was born in the Cromwell Road, and my Mum in Paddington. I was born in Earls Court, just round the corner from Olympia. My dad registered my birth in Kensington because he thought it was posher.

I don't think anyone is truly contemptuous of Londoners after all there aren't really many of you in the place. The overall contempt is less to do with the city or the people but rather the centralisation of the late eighties government then subsequently governments securing the centralisation at the expense of the rest of the nation.

I should really live in London considering 90% of the work I do is based down there but having lived in the city for a bit it really wasn't for me as there is always that little bit extra you have to do to do anything and it quickly grated on me (I live as central as possible because of that), even though I really like the place. Having lived in Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds and London I can honestly say apart from what I just mentioned and working class locals being more than a little bit backwards up north – who are very easy to avoid and really no different than a Cheslea fan – there is pretty much no difference in the day to day.
Retired member.

Ecurb Noselrub

I love London.  I've had no problem with the people when I've visited.  Like any other group of people, some will be nice and others assholes, but my overall experience has been good.