Another Nitwitted Idea From a US Republican Presidential Candidate . . .

Started by Recusant, November 29, 2015, 09:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

. . . And it's not from the cotton candy covered dipstick Donald Trump, for a change.

"Kasich Proposes New Government Agency To Promote Judeo-Christian Values" | NBC

QuoteAs part of a broad national security plan to defeat ISIS, Republican Presidential candidate John Kasich proposed creating a new government agency to push Judeo-Christian values around the world.

The new agency, which he hasn't yet named, would promote a Jewish- and Christian-based belief system to four regions of the world: China, Iran, Russia and the Middle East.

"We need to beam messages around the world" about the freedoms Americans enjoy, Kasich said in an interview with NBC News Tuesday. "It means freedom, it means opportunity, it means respect for women, it means freedom to gather, it means so many things."

[Continues . . .]

"It means I don't give a fuck about the Constitution of the United States," Kasich added. :twitch:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Scary.  :watching:

Quote"I'm criticized for having a big heart but I also have a big brain," he said.

:???:

:rofl:

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

I guess that the Russian Orthodox Church isn't a Christian organization. Who knew?

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Recusant

Well, Kasich didn't get much traction by calling out the ridiculous bullshit being spewed by Trump, Carson, and the rest of the clown car, so it seems he's decided to get in on that action himself.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Icarus

Until now I had counted Kasich as one of the most sensible of the lot.  Out with that Impression, This guy is as nutty as the rest of them

Recusant

This may be an entirely cynical ploy by Kasich to keep himself in the race for a while longer by pulling some of the evangelical vote away from Cruz and Carson.
— H. L. Mencken

No one

It's true what they say,  you can tell who runs a country by the amount of clothes they wear.

Ordinary everyday people,  they are the less ons.  The Obamas,  the Putins,  and the like,  they are the more ons.

Steeler

Icarus

Former Governor of Ohio Steeler.  By most standards he did a good job of governing. Until he managed to get his head up his ass he came across a rational person.

Steeler

I think what he doesn't understand, and what many of us didn't understand prior to Gulf part 2 is that the rest of the world doesn't want what we (the US) have.
Many of them would rather live as savages and as oppressed people than to have the freedoms we enjoy.
Fuckem, if they don't want to be a civilized society, not my problem.

Tank

Quote from: Steeler on December 10, 2015, 03:14:01 AM
I think what he doesn't understand, and what many of us didn't understand prior to Gulf part 2 is that the rest of the world doesn't want what we (the US) have.
Many of them would rather live as savages and as oppressed people than to have the freedoms we enjoy.
America, civilised? What a quint concept  :grin: :grin: :grin:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

This seems a rather naive view to me. Foreign policy meddling is fueled more by economic and political interests than a wish to free oppressed peoples.  :airquotes:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Steeler

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 10, 2015, 09:31:56 AM

This seems a rather naive view to me. Foreign policy meddling is fueled more by economic and political interests than a wish to free oppressed peoples.  :airquotes:

Sure, covertly it is.

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 10, 2015, 09:31:56 AM

Warning, extreme sarcasm ahead:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Crow

Civilised? Are you sure?

Are your really sure?

Have you not witnessed this fella:

Today he said "Katie Hopkins" and "respected columnist" in a single sentence without "is not a".
Retired member.